75144 - UCS: Snowspeeder

oneknightr

Guest TabbyBoy

Thanks for the sticker comments as I didn't realise. It's now put me off buying one.

Oi, LEGO! Your ongoing fetish with stickers has just cost you a customer of this set! Don't be so bloody lazy, do things properly FFS!

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 3:47 PM, TANV said:
Really? Visually, it seems like the snowspeeder is scaled properly to the minifigs. I recall the speeders being pretty large in the film compared to humans.

Not at all... If you look at this pic it looks like it would take the pilots about 5-6 paces at the most to walk to length of the ship.. This UCS version looks like about 20 paces at least

4c8a5a81544380cc3a0673c82e88b753.jpg

13 hours ago, Val-E said:

Up at EU SAH. 220 euros for France and Spain and 230 for Lego taxed countries Beglium and Holland @c_rpg be careful what you wish for next time!

Sucks that every "deal" at local retailers is basically null now.

At least we can order at TRU.de when it's 20% off. 160€ Snowspeeder. You know it'll happen.

2 hours ago, c_rpg said:

Sucks that every "deal" at local retailers is basically null now.

At least we can order at TRU.de when it's 20% off. 160€ Snowspeeder. You know it'll happen.

Yup, I am not going to pay a Euro more for it than €160. Got the UCS Tie (same price at Dutch LEGO Shop at Home, i.e. €230) through TRU as well for €160. 

Just takes more patience but you know it will eventually happen. Time is on our side... :)

• Like 1

On 3/22/2017 at 3:47 PM, TANV said:

Really? Visually, it seems like the snowspeeder is scaled properly to the minifigs. I recall the speeders being pretty large in the film compared to humans.

If this argument still needs settling, check out this picture from Eurobricks:

large.75144_snowspeeder_9.jpg.f6a2f4e049

Clearly the seat is not minifig-size ... it's 4 wide.

On 3/22/2017 at 6:04 PM, KShine said:

I always really liked the underside of the old one (not sure why, just looks so clean), and I don't think they show it in the video - Does anyone have a shot of the new underside?

Eurobricks has this picture, not a full underside shot but you might be able to get what you need from this:

large.75144_snowspeeder_13.jpg.196313a69

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Haay said:

Yup, I am not going to pay a Euro more for it than €160. Got the UCS Tie (same price at Dutch LEGO Shop at Home, i.e. €230) through TRU as well for €160. 

Just takes more patience but you know it will eventually happen. Time is on our side... :)

200 euros in Germany so I expect to see it for 120 or less at some point in the next 3 years.

17 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

So correct me if I'm wrong...300 more pieces than the original, yet smaller in physical size?  

Instead of looking for builders who can build creative designs, LEGO now looks for builders who can find creative ways to use more pieces.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

So correct me if I'm wrong...300 more pieces than the original, yet smaller in physical size?  

For more subtle detail they also use less bulky pieces. Regardless, this set is still expensive compared to the original, even with CPI inflation accounted for. In fact, strong dollar should result in lower prices than $200, if they decided to increase GBP prices due to brexit.

Edited by inversion

• 3 weeks later...