BP Member MOCs & MODs

Locutus001

This is great work. I like the glass work on the front and the translucents on the sides as well as the clean looking lab floor.  The blood trail from the gun shot wound is nice, but is that Abe Lincoln in the same frame?  If so still too soon ;) 

Thank you for the thumbs up! :-)

It's not Abe Lincoln ^.^ but Mr.Good and Evil (http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Good_and_Evil). I thought he'd be a fitting team member for Toxikita.

I wanted to add another part infront of the "main gate" but I'm out of dark grey bricks (could save lots of them thanks to the translucent bricks though haha xD)

Wait a minute, you didn't think this was good enough for the MOC Highlights topic? This is awesome! I love dioramas! :good: The broken glass effect is very nice and actually interesting how well LEGO pieces can capture that 'shattered' touch. Behind Mr. Good & Evil in one shot, I spot a custom PKE meter part. :) Anyway, good start for a good topic.

Wait a minute, you didn't think this was good enough for the MOC Highlights topic? This is awesome! I love dioramas! :good: The broken glass effect is very nice and actually interesting how well LEGO pieces can capture that 'shattered' touch. Behind Mr. Good & Evil in one shot, I spot a custom PKE meter part. :) Anyway, good start for a good topic.

Thanks a lot :-)

Yes it IS a custom PKE Meter ^.^ You got an eye for details! Bought these and other stuff for my Ghostbusters, but I must say I'm just a little bit disappointed. The original LEGO design is just too big, the custom parts are a little bit too tiny and with to few details.

Other custom parts (hope I don't forget any) used in this MOC: PKE Meter, Signs: Keep Out, Infected Zone, the supercomputer Alpha and the supercomputer Omega (both in one shot, next to the stand with the PKE Meter) and points of impact/gunshot traces on the wall (in the one shot with the dead security member).

I hoped for this thread to pick up steam a little bit faster but I'll try to keep it up posting my contribution to the castle goes to space contest in detail.

After coming out of my dark ages I really wanted to build some MOCs, but due to time issues (you all might know these...) I just recently started to build MOCs. Thanks to the castle goes to space thread that Orkking shared with out I found the motivation to build my second and third MOC so I wanted to share them with you! :-)

As kid I always loved knights! Of course I also loved Space! So this topic is great for me. I always wanted to have Star Wars LEGO when I was a kid, but there was none. Only later the first SW sets came out and now they have plenty of them and they are all great! (These actually brought me out of my dark ages!).
On the other hand I feel that the theme castle is being neglected but for the recently retired Lord of the Ring theme.
(NEXO Knights might join castle and space... but I'm not really looking forward to what I have seen so far of it... but how fitting to find a castle goes to space thread here ).

So what did I build?
Here is my first contribution to this topic:

It is based on one set I actually still own that goes by the name Royal Drawbridge. (LINK: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6078_Royal_Drawbridge)
After seeing Leopolds very impressive space version of Drawbridge Defense I didn't want to build anything too similar so I decided on another take (even though that might take out some of the "space").
In Star Wars the Rebels rely on camouflage and hit and run missions. A little bit like the protagonists in The Hobbit (you'll probably get the hint). So I built them an outpost on some forrest planet.

The big green "walls" on the top are radar devices that can also be used as radar jammers in the closer area to keep the imperials in the dark. They represent the walls of the Royal Drawbridge. In a set like this I couln't find a satisfying solution to building the upper part of the royal drawbridge alternate version so I decided for a high reaching radar instead that is well fitted for space communication. (And also allows us to see that this is more than just a pile of dirt or a fallen tree there in the woods... even though it is well enough disguised so the imperials won't notice).
The drawbridge itself is now a secret entrance that serves as entrance/exit for a speeder bike. With two more entrances at the sides that cover the openings where there are iron bars in the drawbridge set.
The "falling" play feature of the bridge is translated into a hidden hatch (hope that's the correct word in english) with a ladder on it so the rebels can enter and exit their hidden outpost from above.
Feel free to discover what became of the DRAGON knight and the royal knights :-)
(A skeleton or something similiar didn't fit into my vision of this MOC sorry... )

IMG_4710.thumb.JPG.ded41b31f62771d20c3b2

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136641789 ... 946744053/

And as you can see on the second picture (and if you are interested some other pictures on flickr) you can take it all rather easily apart and inside is an actual base hidden. This was important to me, since it should be a great set on it's own with nice play features :-)

IMG_4713.thumb.JPG.b584fa2ee63806db0cf0c

IMG_4729.thumb.JPG.a2ea18c0e84c632e2059dIMG_4730.thumb.JPG.b471333a36cadbe5aba3bIMG_4731.thumb.JPG.40804ce78c4d4215b490aIMG_4732.thumb.JPG.2a788f3570e9e0949f37fIMG_4733.thumb.JPG.48ded3751c5234eebaf69IMG_4735.thumb.JPG.7e937dd6a34a6e8554258IMG_4736.thumb.JPG.cd96bd92328916b64df53IMG_4737.thumb.JPG.ea829c3621c2bc2860c7fIMG_4738.thumb.JPG.b3e436fe525e8130169d4IMG_4739.thumb.JPG.13b7677ba7c06221fa3b9IMG_4740.thumb.JPG.08c9a0cb748dbbeb7c9b3IMG_4742.thumb.JPG.9cb92589a3cb162d713edIMG_4744.thumb.JPG.2af38c4e62b57f957eae2IMG_4745.thumb.JPG.95475bd65a142d86a50ddIMG_4746.thumb.JPG.8f36e49133346bf45d947IMG_4747.thumb.JPG.df66ab202bde16a283ee8IMG_4748.thumb.JPG.e5a7b93c5e8d3b10a04bfIMG_4749.thumb.JPG.3d19e110a5e99a45bf7b2IMG_4754.thumb.JPG.66a5389be3bb37a680a97

• Like 4

And here is my second contribution to this thread!

I owned this one as well and it is probably one of the smallest castle sets ever created: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6034_Black_Monarch's_Ghost
The speeder bike obviously is the alternative version of the horse. As for the raven/bird I put a droid head on the floor ;-)
The gates of the bunker are actually functional as well, so you can open and close them just like in the original black monarch's ghost set (even though it's a bit more tricky here haha).

IMG_4723.thumb.JPG.82f33e9ffae906d1552ad

IMG_4728.thumb.JPG.d9448e4fe111147087c97

IMG_4759.thumb.JPG.480137a092be921bd3818IMG_4761.thumb.JPG.3d36186833caa2d4d8614

• Like 7

Darth Vader riding Smaug; now I've seen everything. Ha. I remember that particular drawbridge set although I didn't have it myself and I think you covered the whole camouflage in the forest aspect very well perhaps almost too well seeing how until you start opening it up there isn't much from the outside giving off a futuristic vibe aside from the dish and characters. In some ways it can come across as a Forestmen's outpost and the dragon while fantastic may be the most confusing in which direction the build was going specifically. Still what you did fits the general 'footprint' and concept of the original Castle set taking the scene onto some forest moon in the vastness of space hiding from the tyrannical Empire whose dark lord of the Force personally rides a freakin' dragon! Haha. Also extra points for all the play features so there is stuff to do instead of it simply looking nice on display.

The other contribution based on Black Monarch's Ghost, a set I did have, is nicely done in every way. I never thought of a zombie Stormtrooper nor realized how good the Desert Trooper's printing fits such an idea.

Darth Vader riding Smaug; now I've seen everything. Ha. I remember that particular drawbridge set although I didn't have it myself and I think you covered the whole camouflage in the forest aspect very well perhaps almost too well seeing how until you start opening it up there isn't much from the outside giving off a futuristic vibe aside from the dish and characters. In some ways it can come across as a Forestmen's outpost and the dragon while fantastic may be the most confusing in which direction the build was going specifically. Still what you did fits the general 'footprint' and concept of the original Castle set taking the scene onto some forest moon in the vastness of space hiding from the tyrannical Empire whose dark lord of the Force personally rides a freakin' dragon! Haha. Also extra points for all the play features so there is stuff to do instead of it simply looking nice on display.

The other contribution based on Black Monarch's Ghost, a set I did have, is nicely done in every way. I never thought of a zombie Stormtrooper nor realized how good the Desert Trooper's printing fits such an idea.

Happy to hear that you like it! :-)

Welt he smaug thing just popped into my mind as nice alternative to the dragon knights horse. It's a dragon knight in the original set, so a dragon is a nice similarity.

Also I thought it would be fun to bring some lord of the rings stuff into it (so maybe you have noticed what the three rebels are holding in their hands: cookie, grenade, the one ring to rule them all). Also something I liked was to use the head piece of bilbo (the hair looked silly though, so I had to switch it back to han's original hair).

Happy to hear that you like it! :-)

Welt he smaug thing just popped into my mind as nice alternative to the dragon knights horse. It's a dragon knight in the original set, so a dragon is a nice similarity.

Sometimes the best ideas are made in the spur of the moment and switching out the horse with a dragon makes sense. Otherwise another alternative could have been a dragon mech vehicle like this one.

Also I thought it would be fun to bring some lord of the rings stuff into it (so maybe you have noticed what the three rebels are holding in their hands: cookie, grenade, the one ring to rule them all). Also something I liked was to use the head piece of bilbo (the hair looked silly though, so I had to switch it back to han's original hair).

I had to look again zoomed in to spot the 'one ring' but I did see the cookie and detonator before. Bilbo's hair doesn't lend much to a dynamic style. About any character I've tried with it on ends up looking more of a laid-back hipster. I guess it is one of those signature cuts like the afro or the many from the Friends line that only works well on a few characters.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2015‎ ‎7‎:‎55‎:‎51‎, cladner said:

finally got some bricks to work out the ice cream shop some more... here's an update - still waiting for a double VIP/xmas promo pick abrick order to finish the last floor.

I like what you did there on top with the parapet. Also using the furrowed bricks is gives a nice effect.

Probably you used grey bricks because you have them otherwise I would advice you to use white bricks instead of the grey bricks as I feel that pink and white harmonize better.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brickcrazyhouse said:

took the cmf bumper cars over on the joker 30303 thread and made this for them. 

Awesome!  I was looking to do this for Jokerland or the Fairground as well.

I plan on putting Jokerland together with my Fairground theme and adding this type of MOC too.

Awesome job, brickcrazyhouse. This is exactly what I want to do.

I didn't think it was cool that both versions of Anakin's RotS fighter was made in the past few years, and Obi-Wan had to walk, so I Modded a couple of Anakin Fighters. The Obi-Wan is just the one from the wheel bike chase with the headset head from an old set. kind of a shame that the red one will be made next year, since those Dark Red wings were a little pricey.

1-DSCN8924.JPG

2-DSCN8926.JPG

3-DSCN8927.JPG

• Like 2

I bought myself an Assault on Avenger's tower, and then my wife bought one for me for a gift. What do you do with 2 of this set? Save one to sell later? Pshaw! I decided to make it bigger. I know that others have made bigger, better versions. I am sure that they have more experience and are more creative than me. I was able to fill the Iron Legion bay, then I created a suit lab that only has one Iron Man suit right now, and an area for target practice. I didn't have an extra Hawkeye bow, so that's why it's not clipped into place there. Unfortunately I did not account for Hulk when I made my modifications, so he still can't fit inside the tower.

I had a lot of pieces left over from the second set, and had to source a big handful of other pieces to make the aesthetics match. I added Trans Red near the Iron Legion bay, to signify some kind of alert lights when the bay opens. There were only enough pieces to add 2 levels with the gradually expanding footprint, without sourcing a lot more specific pieces. The biggest drawback of this build goes back to the original design, it's super fragile. When I was moving it a couple months ago the entire thing came apart, crumbling in my hands.

4-DSCN8929.JPG

5-DSCN8930.JPG

6-DSCN8931.JPG

• Like 2

last one today, I swear. Here's the Doctor Who TARDIS console room that I was working on. These are old pictures and do not show all of the companions that I made, or even the smaller 70's/80's console that I built. But I had to take apart the wall and the base of the console room because I needed to put back together the sets that those pieces came from. I also finally fixed my 3 Daleks so that all of their round things are consistent, instead of multihued.

10256478_10152503407488950_2501758821593692978_n.jpg

10298914_10152503407558950_1160466412812987304_n.jpg

10354089_10152499217098950_8024852528768290456_n.jpg

10360701_10152503407413950_3783041911284317306_n.jpg

10394648_10152503407373950_8065061707312307252_n.jpg

10492473_10152503407673950_8231740938755544395_n.jpg

10551069_10152503407703950_4451488499656429183_n.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...