Expendables 2 Legos!!

IrishGuy66

Do you really think they will ever make a Dolph Lungren minifig? Me either... :)

I think a sports related theme would be cool. Do various stadiums and you could even do various ball players kinda like trading cards but minifigs...

The Lego Group would never do this in a million years anyway, but still just the thought of it is awesome!! Say that whole trading card figure deal goes alongside my other post. It's actually a really good idea pickle dude.

I think a sports related theme would be cool. Do various stadiums and you could even do various ball players kinda like trading cards but minifigs...

LEGO did once in 2003 with their NBA sets. I honestly think that they really need to bring those back. Playing basketball with my LEGO dudes was better than table hockey!

I wouldn't mind seeing an NFL line. It'd be pretty cool to have a brick built football stadium with a bunch of players!

LEGO did once in 2003 with their NBA sets. I honestly think that they really need to bring those back. Playing basketball with my LEGO dudes was better than table hockey!

I wouldn't mind seeing an NFL line. It'd be pretty cool to have a brick built football stadium with a bunch of players!

How about taking the sports out of the NBA theme and the sophistication of the architecture theme, combine the two, and get a sleek, classy looking playable golf theme.

One of my dreams is to one day build Fenway park out of Lego. Not that I have the brick building chops, but the idea is pretty cool I think. These would be pretty massive sets, but a retro baseball park line would be pretty amazing: Fenway, Old Yankee Stadium, Camden Yards, old Tiger Stadium etc.. I would buy this in a heartbeat! I guess the particular stadiums would appeal more the their specific area as opposed to worldwide, but Fenway and Yankee stadium would sell everywhere I think.

Yes, Lego did the sports theme briefly with the NBA. I actually kind of like the look of them but I guess the redesigned figs with the springs in the legs weren't very well received (it was before I came out of my dark ages).

There is a company called Oyo sports who makes MLB and NFL minifigs. I actually like the figs a lot. I got a couple for Christmas. One I got was a Hall of Fame Tony Gwynn. It's neat that they have older Hal of Fame players. They even have some minor league teams.

They are slightly different than your standard minifig...but if you weren't a Lego collector you probably wouldn't know the difference.

The elbows and knees bend which is pretty cool for all kinds of action poses. Here is some info:

Oyo Sports

Jay at the Brickshow reviews some Oyo Sports figs

I know you don't like Minimates Irish, but they recently did the first movie and I think they are the perfect fit for the more mature/retro franchises. Lego is the Disney of the brick world. Strict guidelines with a brand mainly skewed towards children. The Expendables would never fit their criteria for wholesome family fun. Such as The Walking Dead would never fit Lego and their brand. Not to mention that most children do not know who the majorty of stars are which would leave the set as a shelf warmer. The License is better fitted for smaller companies that target more of an adult audience.

I know you don't like Minimates Irish, but they recently did the first movie and I think they are the perfect fit for the more mature/retro franchises. Lego is the Disney of the brick world. Strict guidelines with a brand mainly skewed towards children. The Expendables would never fit their criteria for wholesome family fun. Such as The Walking Dead would never fit Lego and their brand.

Not to mention that most children do not know who the majorty of stars are which would leave the set as a shelf warmer. The License is better fitted for smaller companies that target more of an adult audience.

I think it was just a hypothetical what if. It's common knowledge Lego themes have to be appropriate for kids aged 6-12 (at least that has been made clear for cuusoo)...I figure it pertains to everything, cuusoo is just the only place the general public gets insight into the selection process.

I'd like walking dead or game of thrones or a myriad of other themes, it is fun to speculate even knowing that it will never be a reality.