9476 - The Orc Forge

M4x18

I sent an email to Lego customer service asking if and when they plan on restocking the orc forge.  I received a response today saying that they've had unexpectedly high demand for this set, and that the factory is having a hard time keeping up with it.  They said that they are indeed going to be restocked (on LEGO Shop at Home at least), they just don't know when.

I talked to a guy at my local Lego store last night, and he said that they don't plan on stocking orc forge anymore, as they made room for the new wave of LotR and Hobbit sets.  So I'm assuming this will be LEGO Shop at Home only.

Orthanac is the big money LOTR/Hobbit item for the fall and into the next year......makes no sense for them to cut the Forge off at this time.

This might be true for the AFOL community, but this is a small fraction of the overall Lego market.  It's possible Orc Forge hasn't sold well, or perhaps Lego/Target only wanted it on a limited production run due to shelf space.  It's impossible to tell with EOL discussions. 

I also don't buy one set affecting another's demand, especially one that doesn't immediately connect to another (like Rancor Pit to JP).  Could there be a small increase in sales for those that are trying to make a full display of Isengard?  Sure, but those buyers are few and far between and likely not enought to affect sales on a macro-level. 

This might be true for the AFOL community, but this is a small fraction of the overall Lego market.  It's possible Orc Forge hasn't sold well, or perhaps Lego/Target only wanted it on a limited production run due to shelf space.  It's impossible to tell with EOL discussions. 

I also don't buy one set affecting another's demand, especially one that doesn't immediately connect to another (like Rancor Pit to JP).  Could there be a small increase in sales for those that are trying to make a full display of Isengard?  Sure, but those buyers are few and far between and likely not enought to affect sales on a macro-level. 

We'll see.  Speaking more from a "civilian" standpoint than a hardcore collector/investor...it makes sense to me. In the movie/story The Orc Forge is more or less synonomous with Orthanac....it by itself kind of doesn't make much sense.  It'd make sense for TLC to extend the life of one product by bringing out another product with a vested tie to it.  Heck....I'm kind of surprised that TLC didn't factor in a way to make sure Wizard Battle fit into Orthanac; thus creating more of a demand for that set. 

Why does it make no sense? Not an argumentative question by any means..

I feel like I keep asking that same question too. Lego is not going to keep producing one set simply because it goes well with another. They have a planned production run with an end date in mind from the start for every set released. Jabba's Palace will go as it should just as Rancor Pit in its own due time will. It won't be any different for The Orc Forge and Tower of Orthanc.

I think people on here also generally underestimate how long it takes to get product into the supply chain, etc. I do not work for Lego of course, but I don't think it's like they can just flip a switch and start printing more necessary pieces, etc, without that being a lengthy process. I could be wrong. Someone here get a job at a Lego plant already!!

Guest TabbyBoy

I think people on here also generally underestimate how long it takes to get product into the supply chain, etc. I do not work for Lego of course, but I don't think it's like they can just flip a switch and start printing more necessary pieces, etc, without that being a lengthy process. I could be wrong. Someone here get a job at a Lego plant already!!

I think LEGO's spies are already typing among us.

I think LEGO's spies are already typing among us.

Don't flatter them.

Although it would be funny if emazers was a Lego spy, feeding us information to get us to by sets that have no business being retired anytime soon?

Or what if the Mack's are double agents working for Lego?

Hokey+conspiracy.+oh+god_7e92b8_3601691.

Since Target stopped selling in USA the sets have vanished from UK stores, and UK LEGO Shop at Home. They are still available from Amazon.co.uk Slightly higher than RRP. I have a few of these sets, but i think its one for the long haul. The Tower does help set (there is a picture online where someone has built a base for the tower to sit on, with three forges underneath, looks amazing).(Plus cant find pic again, or i would post link). Stomping

Since Target stopped selling in USA the sets have vanished from UK stores, and UK LEGO Shop at Home. They are still available from Amazon.co.uk Slightly higher than RRP. I have a few of these sets, but i think its one for the long haul. The Tower does help set (there is a picture online where someone has built a base for the tower to sit on, with three forges underneath, looks amazing).(Plus cant find pic again, or i would post link). Stomping

What was the UK's RRP? It's currently being sold directly from Amazon UK for 31.20 GBP.

Guest TabbyBoy

Great deal - thanks, do I or don't I?  Shame there's no extra clubcard points or voucher codes.

Sod it, I've just ordered 25 of them!