9476 - The Orc Forge

M4x18

Guest TabbyBoy

Like what? :P

79003, train theme, 10230, some technic...

AFOLs & kids like nice trains, planes and automobiles.  I'm also one that likes boats too. ;-)

I've also thought about 10230 and it could be a "dark-horse" as it's quite detailed, not widely available, above RRP on Amazon, not often discussed and represents its retired big brothers.  If a new version is released to represent the new large sets, I could be tempted with this older one assuming its days are numbered.

If only we knew how many LOTR sets were made compared to Harry Potter sets.

Lego whistle-blowers welcome! ;-)

Time to hit the M25, I may be back on later.

wow, im 100% sure lego is messing with investors at this point.

As of right now Target doesnt have it in stock so best case scenario maybe LEGO just came across some surplus sets. Worst case scenario they are going to start fake retiring sets just to cause panic and increase sales and flood the after market driving prices down and investors out of the after market.

Still has the "retiring soon" tag tho lol

To buy or not to buy, hmmmmmmmm

I would say buy, despite the fact that LEGO can be a bit shifty when it comes to retiring sets i would say with HD, Uruk hai, weathertop, gandalf set being sold out i would say this on its last legs. i cant imagine LEGO has actually put this back in full production, if they did they have lost their mind. Plus it is out of stock in most foreign countries.

I personally and treating this as a gift and will be buying some soo as i hit the enter button.

• Like 1

maybe they temporarily put it on hold until Christmas buying season to pair up with Orthanc...  not really sure.  I wish there was a freebie deal right now on LEGO Shop at Home.

yeah, put 5 in my cart and saw the christmas set isnt around anymore. Oh well, im betting this set doesnt hang around long, i wouldnt risk holding out for a promotional deal. People have been paying $65-75 for these on amazong on ebay so assuming this is just a short term thing, not a restart of production, it should sell out fast.

yeah, put 5 in my cart and saw the christmas set isnt around anymore. Oh well, im betting this set doesnt hang around long, i wouldnt risk holding out for a promotional deal. People have been paying $65-75 for these on amazong on ebay so assuming this is just a short term thing, not a restart of production, it should sell out fast.

And if all else fails lego has a pretty lenient return policy. I was hoping target would bring it back so I could use a $5 off coupon!

And if all else fails lego has a pretty lenient return policy

yeppers, if 90 days from now this thing is still in stock with no signs of being retired ill push a wheelbarrow full of Orc Forges into my local LEGO store.

Wasn't this an exclusive on the USA?

Maybe as a result Lego did not sell as many over there.

i think it was sold world wide, but here in the US it was exclusively sold at the Target store (its kind of like a wal mart if youre not familiar with it)

Wasn't this an exclusive on the USA?

Maybe as a result Lego did not sell as many over there.

Was it a USA exclusive?  I know I bought a few from amazon UK and the box looks different.  It does not include the "Hard to Find" phrase that's on the Target boxes.