9476 - The Orc Forge

M4x18

Received the 2 that I ordered when these things went back in stock.  The boxes were perfect, and everything was sealed.  Looks like they aren't seconds or damaged boxes as previously speculated.  My guess is that these were a final production run that was held back until double VIP ended.

Received the 2 that I ordered when these things went back in stock.  The boxes were perfect, and everything was sealed.  Looks like they aren't seconds or damaged boxes as previously speculated.  My guess is that these were a final production run that was held back until double VIP ended.

I think that point was that they would have been reboxed.  I don't think Lego would send out beat up boxes like Amazon.  It could be a new production run altogether, as well, the world may never know.

• Like 1

I rather have 2 HD than 5 OF.  

Me too.  

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how I can make much profit from this set.   Let's say I buy it at around $44 from LEGO Shop at Home (with sales tax).  eBay average sold price is a little lower than $60.  With ebay fee, we are talking about $10 profit.

Me too.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how I can make much profit from this set. Let's say I buy it at around $44 from LEGO Shop at Home (with sales tax). eBay average sold price is a little lower than $60. With ebay fee, we are talking about $10 profit.

You can buy it for retail price, make a $10 profit immediately and its not even retired. No, I wouldn't buy any either....

Me too.  

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how I can make much profit from this set.   Let's say I buy it at around $44 from LEGO Shop at Home (with sales tax).  eBay average sold price is a little lower than $60.  With ebay fee, we are talking about $10 profit.

That's only if you want to flip it right away. But, It should go above $60 with due time.

Never knew why this set gets all the limelight, with $40, better off with the Funhouse or the Delorian.

Pound for Pound, You'll SEE a better return on HD.  

Me too.  

Can you explain how you can buy this set for $44 and sell it on eBay for $60 and be left with a $10 profit?

You can tell the people who really sell, those who don't.  if you sell it for 60, you get about $51 after fees.  So you are down to a $7 profit--assuming the buyer pays the shipping charge at your $60 price point.

If it's worth 7 dollars to you---to buy the set, wait for the set, list and sell the set, pack the set, ship the set, and hope there are no issues with scams/returns--good luck.

Me too.  

Most people probably arent flipping the set, most are investing. But honestly the fact that you can buy this set for retail, and resell it and make maybe $5 profit is still crazy compared to most actively produced sets which sell for BELOW msrp on places like ebay or amazon.

You can tell the people who really sell, those who don't.  if you sell it for 60, you get about $51 after fees.  So you are down to a $7 profit--assuming the buyer pays the shipping charge at your $60 price point.

If it's worth 7 dollars to you---to buy the set, wait for the set, list and sell the set, pack the set, ship the set, and hope there are no issues with scams/returns--good luck.

I was assuming the seller would offer free shipping, which means the seller would be losing money, unless he has a secret for shipping an Orc Forge set for under $7 (if the buyer is close to the seller, this could be done, but probably not for coast-to-coast shipping).

If you are buying this set at retail to flip, you are making a serious error. This is a hold on to set. And personally, I think this will perform as well if not a little better than HD when all is said and done. But I am fairly certain it won't perform a whole lot worse.

I couldn't agree more!  This is definitely a set to hold onto for at least a year or two.

If you are buying this set at retail to flip, you are making a serious error. This is a hold on to set. And personally, I think this will perform as well if not a little better than HD when all is said and done. But I am fairly certain it won't perform a whole lot worse.

I would have to disagree .. I think helms deep would do way better after they both EOL