Rumore - 2016 - Landmark - ?????

jharrison

Who else is much more interested in talk of a new landmark building in that thread????

It would be exciting if it was a "new" landmark building. I am excited about the possibility of one less landmark building though...

Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 1

I am pretty sure 1 can just transplant a cheap kids watch from Walmart on the place of the clock piece 

Yes but the majority of Mocs that I see use 100% lego pieces without using foreign product. Otherwise it becomes impure.

Of course one can do whatever they want but using all lego pieces to achieve this would be awesome.

Making another set from same country , even from same city within several years is absolutely out of logic. Plus, big ben is not so iconic - there is a lot of better buildings in the  world - pyramids, something from new 7 wonders, etc.

Big Ben would be a perfect candidate for a new landmark Creator set IMO. Also, as stated above, a very creative LEGO engineer could add a working clock to it, making it a spectacular set. When I think of the U.K., I think of Big Ben. It's as iconic as they come. I would love to see an Empire State Building with an LED lit pinnacle.

• Like 3

I really like the idea of a Lego set based on the Big Ben clock tower.

However, I think it would be even more interesting to see a new model in the series based on an iconic landmark from a country that has not featured in the series before.

Edited by BrickDesign

Another bonus to having Big Ben on this scale would be its build is up so its foot print wouldn't be as large. Barring they exclude the parliament building.

Making another set from same country , even from same city within several years is absolutely out of logic. Plus, big ben is not so iconic - there is a lot of better buildings in the  world - pyramids, something from new 7 wonders, etc.

Not too many clock towers more famous than this guy. To add to the 7 wonders though, a Sphynx would probably be my 1st choice due to more exterior detail compared to a big triangle. One downfall would be all those tan bricks. I don't think it would be equal to the white of the Taj Mahal.