Mega Bloks Star Trek theme including the U.S.S. ENTERPRISE NCC-1701

TheOrcKing

• 1 year later...
Guest brickcrazyhouse

I would love to get the enterprise for my dad.  but I have recently made jokes about loving him a little less when I found mega bloks in childhood bin'o LEGO. still  pretty frickin sweet

I feel so letdown...by your post. I was hoping you'd say more!

I am trying to get a grasp on the set before I comment is it as huge as it looks ?

Trek longs for real Lego Star Trek but alas it may never happen

unless order 66 takes effect which is where Disney buys hasbro.

they end kreo and convert all building block properties to their partner Lego including Star Trek

they then rename Hasbro the Disney Toy Company

they then have Lego transformers since they own that too and Disney takes a slice of every dollar Lego sells on all lego

• Like 1

Well I know the struggle (loving star trek myself!) but why don't you just build a LEGO Moc? Isn't that the beauty of LEGO that you can create almost everything you want?

This enterprise looks allright, but it's far from fantastic...

I don't know about megabricks, to me they always seemed to be cheap (qualitywise).

Has anyone successfully used Lego bricks to build a mega bloks set using mega bloks instructions?

That's a good idea for example... if you don't feel like MOCing it.

You can also probably get custom minfigs for star trek.

lego star trek.jpg

lego enterprise.jpg

From: http://toyland.gizmodo.com/mega-bloks-new-star-trek-construction-sets-are-all-abou-1735626046

Finally though, is the grand-daddy of them all: a 1/350 recreation of the Enterprise, made up of a whopping 3,100 bricks (which will set you back an equally whopping $250). It’s not to scale with the minifigures that it comes with—Kirk and Spock in their dress uniforms, with Spock performing the Vulcan salute—but ridiculously impressive nonetheless. It’s even got light-up Warp Nacelles!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

JangBricks posted a video of the unboxing of the new Mega Bloks Enterprise. I have to admit, they did a nice job on the box art and the inner packaging. I'm looking forward to his review after he finishes building it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nknOpTzNuNQ&feature=youtu.be&t=183

Favorite comment: "LOTS of PRINTED pieces".  

Somebody needs to tell MB that the trend is to have buyers (who pay $200+ per set) put 20+ stickers on the sets themselves :drag:

• Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy

I still have my doubts with Mega Bloks as it just doesn't have the same kudos as LEGO even though quality has improved somewhat. I'm going to try and find out how well this set sells and keep an eye on eBay sold prices before I decide to take the plunge. One good thing as it's often discounted more heavily than LEGO.

18 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I still have my doubts with Mega Bloks as it just doesn't have the same kudos as LEGO even though quality has improved somewhat. I'm going to try and find out how well this set sells and keep an eye on eBay sold prices before I decide to take the plunge. One good thing as it's often discounted more heavily than LEGO.

A classic set like this could do OK in the secondary markets.  Other large Mega Blok sets like the Halo Forward Unto Dawn and Elephant have appreciated, so there is a chance that the iconic Enterprise could do well.  I will buy one.  Looks damn cool.