Official Brick Classifieds Deal Thread

Jeff Mack

• 1 year later...

Let's use this thread to help pimp good deals on Brick Classifieds.  REALLY GOOD deals can show up in the regular daily deals thread as well.  The most important criteria is that it is a deal that would beat any prices on the other marketplaces.  Let people know what they are going for on these marketplaces so that they can compare.  Let's help educate viewers to the quality deals and service that you are now offering. I see waddamon doing that and it's good. 

Here is an example of what I think is a good deal.

Series 14 Sealed Case of 60 - Brand New Sealed - Display Box $229.99 FREE Shipping

Edited by Jeff Mack

I was happy to see your posts, I said to Ed that maybe people are afraid to post what they are selling.  I see lots of good prices on there and appreciate that people are doing their job.  Just need to keep showcasing it, buyers will catch on soon enough.

I agree. I have a bunch more to list up, but hit listing fatigue. Next weekend I'll add another 10-15 sets with multiples of each. I noticed the built in price comparison on the listings. That is a great feature, save the buyer from jumping around.

I noticed the built in price comparison on the listings. That is a great feature, save the buyer from jumping around.

it's a work in progress.  A similar feature will be coming into the vendor admin area and include pricing from brickowl and bricklink so that you can price accordingly.

• Like 1

it's a work in progress.  A similar feature will be coming into the vendor admin area and include pricing from brickowl and bricklink so that you can price accordingly.

I appreciate that its a work in progress. FYI, it's pulling in dissimilar listings too. For example, myself and another have set 10225 listed. Mine is open box sealed contents, theirs is sealed. It's pulling in an ebay ad that is used and has been built before. Just a heads up.

I just listed these on ebay and put them all $30 cheaper on BC. See what happens. I don't think investors would buy these but anyone looking to build should bite. Builders are the people we need on BC. I still see a ton of stuff priced the same as ebay on there, that's just not going to get it done. 

10225 $319

10211 $260

10937 $229

(Shipping included)

I just listed these on ebay and put them all $30 cheaper on BC. See what happens. I don't think investors would buy these but anyone looking to build should bite. Builders are the people we need on BC. I still see a ton of stuff priced the same as ebay on there, that's just not going to get it done. 

10225 $319

10211 $260

10937 $229

(Shipping included)

10225 shipped for $319 is a solid investment IMO.

I still see a ton of stuff priced the same as ebay on there, that's just not going to get it done. 

I agree, to me this is a bad listing on BC.  This user is selling 20 SSD for $900 when it can be found cheaper on BC and on eBay etc. Why list them on BC at that price when there are no fees taken from you? They won't move

https://www.brickclassifieds.com/products/super-star-destroyer-lego-10221-star-wars-sealed-new

Jeff, why pick on that listing of all the bad listings on BC? there's only 3 SSD for sale on BC in the usa

$835 sealed, $875 opened box, $900 sealed

and on ebay in the usa buy it i now I see only 1 for $899 shipped, all the other SSD sealed buy it now are higher than the $900 shipped listing you're picking on. and you want people to list on here where there is less seller protection than on ebay and amazon.

Edited by legopocalypse

why pick on that listing? there's only 3 SSD for sale on BC

$835 sealed, $875 opened box, $900 sealed

and on ebay in the usa buy it i now I see only 1 for $899 shipped, all the other SSD sealed buy it now are higher than the $900 listing your picking on. and you want people to list on here?

I agree, calling people out isn't gonna help attract more sellers (who will need to worry about the price police).

BTW, I am sure that he was just making a suggestion about wanting to see lower prices (which would attract more buyers to the site)

Edited by KShine
  • Like 1

That SSD may be a little high but it's not the worst offender by far. There are several GE's priced 280-300, that's ebay pricing. All the Town Halls are 525-575, same as ebay. Plenty of more examples. 

It's going to take some time. Ebay has a trending price when listing, this would be a good guideline. 

Oh stop, I am not the price police,  I am trying to help people move product.  $900 isn't an awful price, but if you list it at $850, I can go out there and try to post it in places that it is cheaper here than anywhere else and you will still make more money than on eBay, Amazon, wherever at that price.  I am working with Huw at Brickset to start showing all of our listings on Brickset.  It would be nice to start having all those eyes on there no?  I want new eyes to see good deals.  You make money, people get deals, everyone is happy.

• Like 1

I agree, calling people out isn't gonna help attract more sellers (who will need to worry about the price police).

BTW, I am sure that he was just making a suggestion about wanting to see lower prices (which would attract more buyers to the site)

Sellers?  I can have a million listings and if they are all equal to eBay in price, what buyer will take a chance on your Brick Classifieds listing with all the buyer protections on eBay?  As a seller, you should appreciate the opportunity to sell an item at zero commission and zero hassle.  As Jeff has said many times, we want to be the site where you can find fair prices.  He is working with Huw from Brickset, so there could be opportunities for mass exposure of your sets.  Jeff if not picking on one person in particular, just making an example of what we don't want on the site.  If people want to charge Amazon and eBay prices, then do it there, it's that simple.  I think it's unfair to call us any sort of names when we are making zero from this and spending time and money to operate it.  

• Like 3

Sellers?  I can have a million listings and if they are all equal to eBay in price, what buyer will take a chance on your Brick Classifieds listing with all the buyer protections on eBay?  As a seller, you should appreciate the opportunity to sell an item at zero commission and zero hassle.  As Jeff has said many times, we want to be the site where you can find fair prices.  He is working with Huw from Brickset, so there could be opportunities for mass exposure of your sets.  Jeff if not picking on one person in particular, just making an example of what we don't want on the site.  If people want to charge Amazon and eBay prices, then do it there, it's that simple.  I think it's unfair to call us any sort of names when we are making zero from this and spending time and money to operate it.  

I was just stating that it came across that way (which others posters also thought) - I also mentioned in the same post that I didn't think that was the intention.

Please feel free to remove the post, as I really meant no harm.

Edited by KShine
  • Like 1

I was just stating that it came across that way (which others posters also thought) - I also mentioned in the same post that I didn't think that was the intention.

Please feel free to remove the post, as I really meant no harm.

I know you meant no harm, but at this early stage it's all about perception.  We need to keep prices fair and cheaper than everywhere else for this to work.  It's not personal.  If people want to charge high prices, please go elsewhere.  I would rather have 100 fairly priced listings than 1000 overpriced items.  Market your sets right and this will work...I am confident of that...Word will get out...Buyers will come.

Edited by Ed Mack
  • Like 3

That was my point, that it was priced fairly as there is only 1 sealed cheaper in the us on BC and only 1 cheaper but it now USA on eBay. I didn't see the need for Jeff to call out that listing as bad.

I beg to differ.  When there is one or more legitimate sellers at $899 or less on eBay for the same item on BC for $900, what buyer will pull that trigger on BC with all of the Buyer protections on eBay?  None most likely.  Buyers might bite if the price is right...