9525 - Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter

Vimm

Right now walmart.com has lego 9525 mandalorian fighter at $39.97. normal price is $50. Since this is a walmart exclusive I don't think this set will ever go any lower at walmart or lego.com. I know it could be 1-2 years before eol. But should I buy now hoping for it to be a good investment, Or are there just too many other good investments right now. I value the brickpicker community opinions. Thanks

Right now walmart.com has lego 9525 mandalorian fighter at $39.97. normal price is $50. Since this is a walmart exclusive I don't think this set will ever go any lower at walmart or lego.com. I know it could be 1-2 years before eol. But should I buy now hoping for it to be a good investment, Or are there just too many other good investments right now. I value the brickpicker community opinions. Thanks

This is a very nice set with many functions, and is one of the best StarWars builds out there. Kids buy this set like candy, and adults buy it for that reason, so you should do pretty well on this set at $40.

• 3 months later...

Pre Vizla's Mandalorian Fighter - Will it do well or better off with something else?

I am not a big star wars investor but I have found this for a good price at walmart, I just have no idea about the investment potential of these non original trilogy sets, I think the set looks sweet, but if it won't do well, I'd rather move on. Right now I can get it for $35 after tax, is this a set that will do well or would I be better off going with a TIE fighter for just $5 more?

It's been on clearance for $40 at my Wal-Mart for forever. If nothing else, you get the $20 Pre Vizsla. The TIE Fighter is really iconic though, so I think it may be a better investment. The drawback is that it is notorious as a remake, and I'm sure we'll get a few more with the new movies.

I am not a big star wars investor but I have found this for a good price at walmart, I just have no idea about the investment potential of these non original trilogy sets, I think the set looks sweet, but if it won't do well, I'd rather move on.

Right now I can get it for $35 after tax, is this a set that will do well or would I be better off going with a TIE fighter for just $5 more?

That's a good price but it's hit or miss selling it as a set. Even right now (although not the greatest time to sell) some have gone for $55 or as low as 27 plus shipping. If it was me I'd part it out now or just save the money for a bigger better set.

I don't have the time to part out sets, I hold on to them and sell down the road for a chunk or I move on to a different one. I'd rather not get into a set unless I can get $30 profit down the road, most of my investments are targeted for $70 or more profit but I do like to expand my offerings to medium sized sets as they can add a lot of stability.

I don't have the time to part out sets, I hold on to them and sell down the road for a chunk or I move on to a different one. I'd rather not get into a set unless I can get $30 profit down the road, most of my investments are targeted for $70 or more profit but I do like to expand my offerings to medium sized sets as they can add a lot of stability.

I don't know that you'll make $30 off of this set.

I think this set will do well. Ya i know that is has been discounted at $40 for a long time. The mandalorian lego might take a little while to appreciate but overall it will do well. The tie fighter i am not going to waste my time with because this is like the 5th or more time that a tie fighter lego has been released.

In February I purchased about twenty of these sets and parted them all out selling the unique figure for about an average of 21.00 each. Some went as high as 28, I think the lowest was 18. I ended up selling the actual mandalorian fighter in a lot of five and ten and that gave me some good money. As for the other figures, they didn't really sell that well. Overall, I just ended up with a good amount of positive feedback and about ten bucks profit. For the feedback, the time alone was worth it because most of my Lego feedback on this particular ebay account was for mini-figures. Currently my Wal-Mart has this for 34.98. They have at least a dozen sitting on the shelf. The Wal-Mart a couple of miles from me has about ten of them. Doesn't seem very popular.

Right now I can get it for $35 after tax, is this a set that will do well or would I be better off going with a TIE fighter for just $5 more?

$35 is a good price and I doubt it will go lower. An interesting ship to be sure and quite possibly the only set that will ever have Pre Visla.

The TIE Fighter is really iconic though, so I think it may be a better investment. The drawback is that it is notorious as a remake, and I'm sure we'll get a few more with the new movies.

I've only seen the basic TIE Fighter be redesigned once and that was last year. Same thing with Vader's TIE Fighter and sort of the TIE Interceptor having two designs.

$35 is a good price and I doubt it will go lower. An interesting ship to be sure and quite possibly the only set that will ever have Pre Visla.

The TIE Fighter is really iconic though, so I think it may be a better investment. The drawback is that it is notorious as a remake, and I'm sure we'll get a few more with the new movies.

I've only seen the basic TIE Fighter be redesigned once and that was last year. Same thing with Vader's TIE Fighter and sort of the TIE Interceptor having two designs.

Right. Technically, this is only the 2nd real design of the basic TIE fighter. Frankly, I think both ships are great, so buy both!!!

• 6 months later...

9525 - Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter - Investment winner?

I suspect this will be a set that will be clearanced after Christmas. It looks god awful ugly to me, though I know Star Wars sets tend to be winners. 

Do you think this guys will be worth a grab at 50% off? Luke's Landspeeder still being available makes me a tad nervous about this too.

416oX6qtoyL.jpg

I suspect this will be a set that will be clearanced after Christmas. It looks god awful ugly to me, though I know Star Wars sets tend to be winners. 

Do you think this guys will be worth a grab at 50% off? Luke's Landspeeder still being available makes me a tad nervous about this too.

You can profit on almost anything at 50% off. I would try to get it lower. I do not see it as a winner, but it could go up in value a little.

I bought a few when Walmart.ca had them for 50% off back in October. Should be a good buy at that price. The exclusive figure is worth at least $15 on it`s own from what I`ve seen, then there is Obi-Wan and the remaining figure. And still nearly 400 parts. If you`re considering, I`d recommend this set mainly for the parts and PRe-Visla himself. As a whole sealed set though, not so much. 

I can't jump at this set for the same reason that I passed over the Sith Fury-Class Interceptor on clearance.  I know the latter is a much larger and more expensive set, but they both have the same problem...one great figure, but nothing else going for them.  Same deal as the Gungan Sub.  We all love the Queen Amidala minifigure, but can she really carry that set?  It might be worth buying it just to destroy Jar Jar with a magnifying glass though.  :)

I love star wars and buy all the theme lego sets.  But this one I will not buy many of unless its 60%+ off at least. It will fade away. its too big for small kids to play with and not cool enough to display.  

I bought one at 30%off to build but not more than that.

Now, the little A-wings...kick ass.