Mixels 2016

TheOrcKing

49 minutes ago, Ko Kiuchi said:

I seem to see yellow left on the shelf most of the time.

rarely see the other colors...

What's interesting is that, with Series 2, Orange always seemed to be the leave behind (Blue was the one that sold out first, in my experience).  But, once they retired, Orange was the one that sold the quickest.  I sold in tribes not sets for series 2, and I ran out of Orange months before I sold out of everything else.

32 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

What's interesting is that, with Series 2, Orange always seemed to be the leave behind (Blue was the one that sold out first, in my experience).  But, once they retired, Orange was the one that sold the quickest.  I sold in tribes not sets for series 2, and I ran out of Orange months before I sold out of everything else.

Yeah orange got real hot down the road. Was odd. Was nice though cause LL only had orange and brown left so cleared the rest out at the end

• Like 1

I was at a target last night and saw a guy drop over $400 on mixels and paid the regular price of $5.  I was wasn't sure why since they were full price.  I was wondering if there was an upcoming sale that he knew about and could be in the 14 day sale window and get some money back next week.  I had read about polybag sales after valentines day.  Any ideas? 

3 minutes ago, gobuffs98 said:

I was at a target last night and saw a guy drop over $400 on mixels and paid the regular price of $5.  I was wasn't sure why since they were full price.  I was wondering if there was an upcoming sale that he knew about and could be in the 14 day sale window and get some money back next week.  I had read about polybag sales after valentines day.  Any ideas? 

That's allot of money on mixels! :beerhat:

On February 11, 2016 at 11:55 AM, gobuffs98 said:

you wouldn't happen to be in Boulder, Colorado?

my buddy was out there doing exactly the above...

59 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

yea it's him!  so should he go return them?  he was there for business and we got excited because we don't see any mixels at all in our area... regardless of price.

No. If you don't have them in your area that makes sense.  I see them on the racks all the time and they weren't on sale, so I was just curious why he purchased so many.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gobuffs98 said:

No. If you don't have them in your area that makes sense.  I see them on the racks all the time and they weren't on sale, so I was just curious why he purchased so many.

2 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Agreed. If you don't have them in your area, take advantage of your local selling outlets (FB groups and CL).

Thanks guys, I'm feeling a little bit better now lol

• 4 weeks later...

Ok well... Series 7 has been around a while. Gotta say, I don't much care for it. I liked the more basic "elemental themes" - i.e., stone, fire, ice, etc.  When they went to toothy animals, mucous, vampire, etc... I was like, "Um... Okaaaay.... these are nice, too."  Then tongues, construction equipment, gluttony, .... hmm.. alright. But now castle-morphs, cops, and musicians...? I just think they're kinda lame.  And my 7-year old is losing interest also. He's collected the entire series until now. He's gotten a couple of the castle ones of this theme, but that's it. Where he used to incessantly beg for the entire series on day 1, now he just passes them by in the toy section.  This may be the end of the line for us (my wallet is thankful).  Tho Series 8 looks a little better to me. I like the pirates, and the dental theme.

• 1 month later...

There is starting to be less of the signature joints in these newer characters. The designs are still good in their usual wackiness though plus the parts assortment as always is varied. At least they are coming up with some new face prints for the Nixels. Now if only there were a couple different body forms for them as well.

Sorry for going slightly off topic, but I wanted to tap into your combined Mixel brains.

I've moved all my full sets of series 2 and have 8 left, no sub themes and too expensive at this stage to fill them out. What's the best way to move these, sell them individually, or just stick them up as a batch lot?