40139 - Gingerbread House

capsa77

24 minutes ago, trekgate502 said:

I think somehow the price of the Gingerbread House is tied to this little puppy and chaos

for what some described as a boring set with not much return value we could have passed on since it is now only 2 copies away from already being $195 in a matter of weeks

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00J4S9BEA

TY for the heads-up preventing me from inadvertently winning the buy box on incoming inventory. Whew.

• Like 1

Even E-Bay is trending very high right now. I just sold my last GH combined with HT about an hour after I listed it...

Will probably start listing GH on E-Bay for $60 or more. I might try and hold one, but when you can get that kinda money for a promo set.....

Just sold a gingerbread/train combo for $92.50.  so basically $62 for the gingerbread alone. what's going on here, this is fantastic.  prices have just surged like crazy today.  i almost regret not bumping it up a 3rd time in 15 minutes.  ended up selling in under an hour at that price.  at this rate, it could hit $80 on it's own and the bundles def seem to sell quick, much less listed. 

I wondered why the three I had listed at $50 shipped all sold in about 3 minutes last night. I hadn't been paying attention to the price. That's why I only list a few at a time. Guess the next 3 will be put up for 65

I ended up with five, 2 for my kids, sold 3 last week for 40, 40, 43.  Fine by me but it's amazing how quickly these have gone up.  A really great set for sure, if I had about a dozen I'd make one massive modular!

I had a similar thought today... "I could make a gingerbread village..." :)

I think somehow the price of the Gingerbread House is tied to this little puppy and chaos

for what some described as a boring set with not much return value we could have passed on since it is now only 2 copies away from already being $195 in a matter of weeks

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00J4S9BEA

just imagine if they call a movie episode vii and release it and people really start to get star wars fever

GH for $250 AT AT for $250 !!!!

lol

The AT-AT is an example of subpar remake gaining popularity because it's a goner and there is nothing similar left to replace it...yet. There is still that old UCS AT-AT rumor floating around that I just can't seem to ignore.

7 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

The AT-AT is an example of subpar remake gaining popularity because it's a goner and there is nothing similar left to replace it...yet. There is still that old UCS AT-AT rumor floating around that I just can't seem to ignore.

Ha

why you grace me with useful answers I do not know but thank you !

sounds like I should flip my at at sooner than later more than less :)

21 minutes ago, naf said:

What's the deal with this set?  Doesn't seem very special, unless I'm missing something.  Haven't been paying attention to Lego the last few months due to real life stuff and of course the freebie I don't stock up on shoots way up :)

Besides it being awesome?  Nothing.

• Like 1

Even my mom was asking me about the Gingerbread House, so that tells me something about demand for this.  I gave one to my wife to open and build and it's very eye-catching especially with the Gingerbread Man minifig.  I can see why everyone and their mother wants one.

Edited by zskid00