Get Organized - Ultimate LEGO Brick Labels (500+ labels)

henrysunset

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Mr. Longshot - all your answers are on Tom Alphin's website, as per his post above.

LEARN MORE: http://brickarchitect.com/labels/

These labels are designed to be printed using a Brother Label printer (such as the PT-P700) on Brother 1/2″ Laminated Tape. These labels are waterproof, smudgeproof, durable, and they come in a variety of colors such as White, Pink, Yellow, Lime Green,Clear, and even Gold.

Any Brother printer which prints on “P-touch” 1/2 inch (12mm) labels will work. The higher-end PT-P700 seems to be the best value at this time.

• Like 1

Very cool, thanks for sharing. I have been interested in starting a BL store, but organization of inventory seems to be a major impediment. I have some partial sets that I would like to part out- some in sealed bags (but missing other bags) and some incomplete. Not sure if those should be separated out into bins or kept together as parts. Can anyone speak to strategies for organizing Lego starting off?

As I understand it, Lego makes like 10,000 different parts (not sure if that includes all the color combos), I would assume you would need to buy at least a few 64 drawer bins to get started and have some catch all bins. Because you might only have one of some pieces and that would not justify a full drawer. It would be great to buy enough, to have all the stickers- so you could just drop new pieces in when you- but then you would have to buy a few grand of bins and that would take up a lot more space than just storing the parts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tom,

So I've started in on my own sorting project, and labeling my bins.  Love the labels that you've created, and I'm happy using them.  However, question for you - any chance that you might make the original images available as JPGs or GIFs?

I have a Dyno lablel printer, and didn't want to go out and get at the Brother printer.  So far, my workflow has been to zoom in on the image in the full PDF, screen shot it, and paste that into my Dyno label program.  Then print that out.  It's a little pixelated, but it works.  Would love to have the originals so I can print out what I need as I need it.  (I, too, am working on a Mac)

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...