40125 - Santa's Visit

TheOrcKing

Do people make money with these? After barely getting rid of ToT for $20 shipped and not selling any Thanksgiving for $20 shipped, where is the money? After fees and shipping and materials I get around $3 per set. And that's the ones I managed to sell. Thanksgiving will have to be sold at break even to even sell any.

10 minutes ago, MarxMarvelous said:

Do people make money with these? After barely getting rid of ToT for $20 shipped and not selling any Thanksgiving for $20 shipped, where is the money? After fees and shipping and materials I get around $3 per set. And that's the ones I managed to sell. Thanksgiving will have to be sold at break even to even sell any.

What u talkin bout? $.10 profit x100 = $10 pure profit :money:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MarxMarvelous said:

no, but I ordered 5 & the 4 I sell will pay for the one I plan to keep for my winter village. I ordered these along with 5 Winter Fun sets so I also got a train (and double points). So I saw these more as an easy way to get some freebies for myself rather than a way to make some money.

In the end I spent $100 & will have netted 3 free sets & 200 VIP points.

• Like 2

happy with 4 bucks per set, x200 min of each one x 6 sets a year.  1200x4 = 4800

still selling last years as well.  

put up all of them and all in bulk, be surprised how many buy 2,4 or more.  Thats where you knock that $4 margin up

not sure what people would expect out of $9-10 set while its available, and possibly coming back later down the road...

• Like 2

I don't have whatever you have that allows me to buy 200 of a limit 5 set from lego.

15 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

happy with 4 bucks per set, x200 min of each one x 6 sets a year.  1200x4 = 4800

put up all of them and all in bulk, be surprised how many buy 2,4 or more.  Thats where you knock that $4 margin up

not sure what people would expect out of $9-10 set while its available, and possibly coming back later down the road...

But so yes, it seems for me at least these are a complete waste of time.

Edited by MarxMarvelous

Me. :)

Listen, in many other goods based businesses, 25% profit is a decent deal for basically doing some work and passing product through. I've sold at least 10 of each of these sets, many of which I was also able to buy with double points and/or get a train. So those extras aside, I easily sell 10-20 of each set, even at $2.50/set that's a minimum of $25 I have that you don't. Is my earnings per hour equal to yours? Heck no! But selling a good volume at a good return makes money. And I have the time right now to keep up with this.

RavenB- do you do as well with the brick built animals? These vignettes have put my foot in the door, but I'm worried the whole thing will fall apart when we have ridiculous puppies instead of incredible vignettes that have an excellent bricks assortment for builders too.

8 hours ago, MarxMarvelous said:

You're doing it wrong if you're selling sets one by one. Unless you're buying in bulk, you won't see much return. There's a lot of christmas sets this year. Most likely to make up for there not being an additional holiday building this year. Hopefully you already have the train. Get some of these and the gingerbread house as well when that promo comes out on the 27th. Sell as a bundle. You're the more attractive seller if you can offer everything in one purchase. Selling four sets (which should fit in a medium flat rate box) will probably run you about $13 shipping. That's better than the $24 you'd spend shipping these in 4 individual small flate rate boxes.

I hardly ever see flat rate as savings for LEGO sets. 

1 of these sets should ship first class for sure. I just shipped a turkey (40091) in an 8x6x4" box for $2.74 and that'd be the same anywhere in the US.
My 4 Bricktobers in a set from CA to KY was $8.99 Priority Mail, so in most cases, that should save over the medium flat-rate if you bundle the seasonals.

• Like 4

On 11/13/2015, 2:36:36, ravenb99 said:

How do you buy 200?  I got banned once from LEGO Shop at Home for for buying 2 of this, 2 of that

• 2 weeks later...