Ghostbusters - general discussion

jaisonline

28 minutes ago, giannini78 said:

Just been to see the movie and it's absolutely brilliant, as are the all female cast.

All those ridiculous fanboys were way off the mark... There's a nice little dig about them in the film as well.

That's 1.  Good for you.

The movie only needs $70 million more to make up for $140 million production cost.  I assumed Sony spent $0 on advertising considering all the "controversies" surrounding the movie :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

That's 1.  Good for you.

The movie only needs $70 million more to make up for $140 million production cost.  I assumed Sony spent $0 on advertising considering all the "controversies" surrounding the movie :D

The articles I've seen have all reported that Sony spent about $100 million worldwide on advertising.

Finally caught the 2016 movie over the weekend.  I enjoyed it.  It was fun.  Had some funny moments.  I felt it was more homage than copy.  Keeping in mind I still remember seeing the originals in the theater (multiple times) in 84 and 89, and I can probably quote from memory 90% of the original film at any moment.  I liked the cameos.  It was all good.  I even enjoyed the after credits scene, too.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Finally caught the 2016 movie over the weekend.  I enjoyed it.  It was fun.  Had some funny moments.  I felt it was more homage than copy.  Keeping in mind I still remember seeing the originals in the theater (multiple times) in 84 and 89, and I can probably quote from memory 90% of the original film at any moment.  I liked the cameos.  It was all good.  I even enjoyed the after credits scene, too.

Traitor

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Ditto. To add, it did not deserve any of the viciously viral flack at all period. Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones were easily my favorites. One qualm I feel as though they made Chris Hemsworth too much of a doofus. I mean there is funny dumb and then just plain, well, "bless his heart".

• Like 2