Super Heroes 2016

Locutus001

So I've seen this in the News section and hell yeah!

18065138514_c6b67c93f5_z_d.jpg

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-sets-coming-in-2016/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LegoEverlasting-LegoReviewsNews+(The+Brick+Fan+-+LEGO+Reviews+%26+News)

Who else is looking forward to these sets?!

Got high hopes :-)

Edited by jaisonline
Added Lego pic.

Text = LEGO Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Sets Coming in 2016 Posted on June 10, 2015 by Allen "Tormentalous" Tran LEGO Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Today is like an awesome day for LEGO Super Hero fans. Earlier today, it was announced that LEGO would be a licensing partner for next year’s Captain America: Civil War. Shortly after that, LEGO gave everyone a teaser for the LEGO Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice sets coming in 2016. Obviously, we don’t know what the sets will be about but I sure hope that the new Batmobile will be in one of the sets. Stay tuned for more details about the LEGO Bamtan v Superman sets as we get closer to 2016. 74 1 0 Share1 79 - See more at: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-sets-coming-in-2016/?utm_source=feedburner#sthash.kJ4LMbgY.dpuf

I assume Frank Miller fans will finally get their Dark Knight Returns inspired Batman Lego minifig ;)

​If the picture above is a preview of the actual minifigs, I would def agree.  the bat signal looks Frank Miller inspired (looks more rectangular than rounded).  I just hope the sets, at least the superman related ones, perform better than the man of steel sets.

• 3 weeks later...

looks decent for a $30 set...  but based on the movie version http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/film/Batmanvsuperman/batmobile-xlarge.jpg they could have done a lot more with it.  Will have to wait and see what the other movies sets are like but this seem rather underwhelming for an icon like the batmobile.  I really get the sense that LEGO is not putting their best design efforts into the DC sets...

looks decent for a $30 set...  but based on the movie version http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/film/Batmanvsuperman/batmobile-xlarge.jpg they could have done a lot more with it.  Will have to wait and see what the other movies sets are like but this seem rather underwhelming for an icon like the batmobile.  I really get the sense that LEGO is not putting their best design efforts into the DC sets...

It feels kind of like it is the lovechild of the Keaton batmobile and the Dark Knight Tumbler.

I look at that and I ask myself does that look better or worse than Hulk Buster. Honestly I am just bored of Batmobiles. the 2 additional characters better be stunning. After all, we're getting another Batmobile with the Jokerland only 5 months before this comes out. I don't know how the Man of Steel sets are doing, but it just seems like more of the same.

I look at that and I ask myself does that look better or worse than Hulk Buster. Honestly I am just bored of Batmobiles. the 2 additional characters better be stunning. After all, we're getting another Batmobile with the Jokerland only 5 months before this comes out. I don't know how the Man of Steel sets are doing, but it just seems like more of the same.

X-Wing is to Star Wars as Batmobile is to DC Superheroes. At least this one to me says "I'm Batman" more than the Tumbler did but still yet another vehicle for the caped crusader. Also the more I see the redesigned slimmed-down cowl piece, I'm not sure I like it better than the more prominent one from before. In this shot the helmet looks like it has tiny cat ears.

• Like 1

X-Wing is to Star Wars as Batmobile is to DC Superheroes.

LOL, I think I would like to see the numbers on that. How many X-Wings as a percentage of Star Wars sets made Vs. How many Batmobile as a percentage of Super Hero sets made. Or, total number of unique X-Wing Vs. Unique Batmobile. I think the numbers would favor Batmobile. Especially considering a shorter lifetime of super hero LEGO

X-Wing is to Star Wars as Batmobile is to DC Superheroes. At least this one to me says "I'm Batman" more than the Tumbler did but still yet another vehicle for the caped crusader. Also the more I see the redesigned slimmed-down cowl piece, I'm not sure I like it better than the more prominent one from before. In this shot the helmet looks like it has tiny cat ears.

I agree with you on that statement.  The only difference is that there's only one design (well, okay, two, if you count TFA) for an X-Wing, whereas there are so many designs throughout Batman's 75 years of Batmobiles, that there's gotta be at least one that someone likes.

But, that's the big point.  The Batmobile can be designed and redesigned so many times.  There is a Batmobile for everyone.  So, just because this one particular Batmobile isn't liked by you (the collective you), it's probably liked by enough people that we'll make money.

Catman!

000114ff_medium.jpeg

Edited by No More Monkeys
  • Like 2

I agree with you on that statement.  The only difference is that there's only one design (well, okay, two, if you count TFA) for an X-Wing, whereas there are so many designs throughout Batman's 75 years of Batmobiles, that there's gotta be at least one that someone likes.

But, that's the big point.  The Batmobile can be designed and redesigned so many times.  There is a Batmobile for everyone.  So, just because this one particular Batmobile isn't liked by you (the collective you), it's probably liked by enough people that we'll make money.

Almost all the batmobiles in LEGO form have essentially been different models and not just remakes of a prior design like how the X-Wing (in LEGO) has so I will give them that. Still I am waiting for that full-sized 1960's batmobile and let's go even further with the original from the 1940's. As you pointed out in truth there realistically is only one X-Wing. One design but a whole lot of remakes as LEGO sets.

Catman!

Ha. There actually is a Catman character in the DC universe and it would be neat to see him make an appearance into the realm of LEGO.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...