76049 - Avenjet Space Mission

TheOrcKing

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2015‎ ‎10‎:‎52‎:‎14‎, nolanfan34 said:

Sick looking set. Not sure I understand "space Captain America" (not up on the comic stories) but the Thanos fig alone is awesome. Looks like a $49.99 set like X-men.

I'm afraid they're going to price it like the Darkseid Invasion. Considering how overpriced both of those sets are at retail, we're probably looking at a 59.99 or 69.99 price tag.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I'm afraid they're going to price it like the Darkseid Invasion. Considering how overpriced both of those sets are at retail, we're probably looking at a 59.99 or 69.99 price tag.

No doubt. Less than $60 is inconceivable.

But if this somehow ends up being the only Thanos figure before the final movies, look out!

Even if it's not, I'm sure he'll easily go for $30 for a while on his own.

Anyone else wish Adam Warlock was in this set instead of Hyperion?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This jet really speaks to me! I am not an Avengers enthusiast, and am selling the figs just to get that jet. I'm getting a real Robotech vibe. The tilting nose is so cool. If I had strong MOC powers I would throw some legs on that thing and make an Avenjet/Veritech Mech. If anyone sees any Avenjet MOCs, pease post them!

DSCN3314.JPG

Edited by randrace
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, randrace said:

This jet really speaks to me! I am not an Avengers enthusiast, and am selling the figs just to get that jet. I'm getting a real Robotech vibe. The tilting nose is so cool. If I had strong MOC powers I would throw some legs on that thing and make an Avenjet/Veritech Mech. If anyone sees any MOCs of this jet, pease post them!

Randrace, if you're looking for a buyer for those figures, pm me.  I don't really want the jet but would love to have the figs. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Built this for my 5 year old nephew. I now despise the Avenjet. This thing is a real crumble cake; it comes apart if you look at it wrong. I've had to rebuild chunks of it several times. The connection between the two jets is poorly designed and pops off the main jet if you don't handle it gingerly. I had to reinforce the wings of the smaller jet as they kept coming apart. Thumbs way down for playability from me.

9 hours ago, randrace said:

Built this for my 5 year old nephew. I now despise the Avenjet. This thing is a real crumble cake; it comes apart if you look at it wrong. I've had to rebuild chunks of it several times. The connection between the two jets is poorly designed and pops off the main jet if you don't handle it gingerly. I had to reinforce the wings of the smaller jet as they kept coming apart. Thumbs way down for playability from me.

Good to know. When I finally get this, I will not be turning it over to my kids. Based on what you say, I might as well save the time and just dump the parts on the floor myself.

9 hours ago, randrace said:

Ugh, I was hoping to build this soon.  It's been on the "to build" shelf for a few weeks.

49 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

It's on my of things to buy for the kids.  Maybe I'll rethink that.  For me, I just wanted Thanos and Captain Marvel.  Maybe I'll just seek those out instead.

Pretty much the only 2 I want, although I can find a place for space Iron Man and Hyperion. Space Iron Man is just going to stand around in my Avengers Tower or Malibu Mansion