Kroger

i managed to pick up 9 spinner packs, for 2.99 a piece, ive resold all of them within 2 weeks for anywhere from 17.99 to 29.99, krogers doesnt usually carry legos but if ur out shopping check out the toy section.

I agree. Sometimes food stores have toys around XMAS and unload leftover items at clearance prices. I just found some Star Wars Battle Packs at $6 per. Pays to look.

If anyone would like to clue me in, what counts as a "spinner pack?" I read things here and there about these being all sold out and tough to find, but the TRU nearest me still has several dozen items which for the life of me look like spinner packs. Granted, it's only the skeletons, Wyplash and whoever else, none of the minifig ninja dudes... And regarding the summer release, what's the deal about them only being produced for two months and then being gone for good? Is this true, or is it simply a prediction based on what happened last year? Thanks

If anyone would like to clue me in, what counts as a "spinner pack?" I read things here and there about these being all sold out and tough to find, but the TRU nearest me still has several dozen items which for the life of me look like spinner packs. Granted, it's only the skeletons, Wyplash and whoever else, none of the minifig ninja dudes... And regarding the summer release, what's the deal about them only being produced for two months and then being gone for good? Is this true, or is it simply a prediction based on what happened last year?

Thanks

I for one can honestly say that out of the 1000+ sets I own, I do not own a "spinner pack." Maybe I should. Ninjago sets are some of the best selling LEGO sets out there. I like them, but I don't know how rare they are if these particular spinners and others like them are relatively cheap. I have to keep my eye on Ninajgo sets as a whole. I'm still wondering how much of an 'investment' impact they will have.

The 'City' theme is one of LEGO's most popular sellers, yet I never really see top dollar being paid by secondary buyers on EBAY and Bricklink for some Police or Fire Truck set(although I'm sure there are some City sets that do quite well...I'm talking about big money like STAR WARS/Modular). I kind of relate Ninjago sets with the City sets...popular with the kids and top sellers for LEGO, but investment 'dogs.' I'm hedging my bets though and have purchased some of the largest Ninjago sets and some Ninjago store displays, which are way cool...LOL

• 5 months later...

i managed to pick up 9 spinner packs, for 2.99 a piece, ive resold all of them within 2 weeks for anywhere from 17.99 to 29.99, krogers doesnt usually carry legos but if ur out shopping check out the toy section.

I wonder if you asked a manager if they could place a large order of them for you?? I know this post is late, as I am just seing this thread, are spinners even still available?

• 4 months later...

Mid-West/East Coast folks there is 4X Kroger Fuel Points in March 2013. 4x Kroger Fuel Points on Gift Card purchase (Now through March 31, 2013 ) Buy GIFT CARDS,* Use LIKE CASH, Save ON FUEL! Earn fuel points by buying gift cards in-store at Kroger and using them instead of cash at your favorite stores and online retailer. Example: $50.00 gift card at 4X points =200 points. 200 points is 20 cents off per gallon of gas. limit 35 gallons. Buy the card to use at a future time and save $7.00 on 35 gallons. http://giftcards.kroger.com/ You can earn up to $2.00 off per gallon, which could add up to $70 for 35 gallons. My wife and I usually take both vehicles down to get the max 35 gallons.

• 2 months later...

I like to share this for the Ohioans and others who may have a Kroger in their area.

Mid-West/East Coast folks there is 4X Kroger Fuel Points May 26 - June 22, 2013. 4x Kroger Fuel Points on Gift Card purchase (Now through March 31, 2013 ) Buy GIFT CARDS,* Use LIKE CASH, Save ON FUEL! Earn fuel points by buying gift cards in-store at Kroger and using them instead of cash at your favorite stores and online retailer. Example: $50.00 gift card at 4X points =200 points. 200 points is 20 cents off per gallon of gas. limit 35 gallons. Buy the card to use at a future time and save $7.00 on 35 gallons. http://giftcards.kroger.com/ You can earn up to $2.00 off per gallon, which could add up to $70 for 35 gallons. My wife and I usually take both vehicles down to get the max 35 gallons.

I like to stock up on Amazon or Lowe's gift cards during this time.

• 1 month later...

Just saw this for those with a Kroger store near them and a participating Coinstar.  Effectively, this is a $10 bonus gift card with purchase of $40 gift card for Toys R Us stores.  Works online and in store.  I just used this in store at a TRU Express, had them price match the 6868 set (Hulk Escape) to $49.99, then used the gift cards. Basically $40 for it, plus tax.  Mezmaron

$10 Toys"R"Us bonus when you cash in at the Kroger Co.

Get a $10 Toys

• 2 weeks later...

Tie fighters were 24 planets are 4 gingan sub is 30 or 35. I only got a few things but there is tons of stuff left. Yhe price chamnge came down from corporate this morning.

Oddly another kroger up the street haf tie fighters for $13. So i got two. No two krogers are the same.

Halo drop containers are msrp of 12 reduced to 3. Girls lego stuff reduced from 69 to 14$. Lego mine 4x4 $4. Lego space stuff from 69 down to 29.

Another employee noted the pricing might have been a mistake. Id snap up whatever u can at krogers before they change their mind.

Walked in with wife to buy food and took kids to toy isles to bide our time. What a surprise this was.