Canadian Tire Clearance MADNESS!

Veegs

Pretty much everything in two stores I went to this morning were on sale/clearance. Most were 20-30% off. Not that great, but today only when you spend $200 you get a $50 gift card (to spend on more Lego, of course).

I grabbed AT-ATs, Imperial Star Destroyers and Brick Bountys. I doubt the most popular (and already retired sets) won't make it very long today, but the gift card should be good to grab some of the slower moving sets tomorrow. Now I'm checking store stock and planning to hit up a few more farther away to clear out the SW sets I want.

• Like 3

Starts TOMORROW! Should be lots of smaller sets still on shelves. Some of the City, Creator and Super Heroes are still 10 deep at my closest one. Plus about 15 Elsa castles. I'm pretty sure some Lego will still be around first thing tomorrow morning for me to get. I'm aiming for a few hundred in gift cards to replenish my stock from this Christmas.

Eyeing 1 location with 5 or so ISD's that aren't going on sale. Already cleaned out the ATAT's locally a week or so ago when they were 20-30ish off (and my post about it here: http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/15360-ymmv-canadian-tire-lego-sales/ ).

Will certainly take advantage of the gift card deal, thanks!

Edited by Sandwraithx157

8 minutes ago, Sandwraithx157 said:

Eyeing 1 location with 5 or so ISD's that aren't going on sale. Already cleaned out the ATAT's locally a week or so ago when they were 20-30ish off (and my post about it here: http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/15360-ymmv-canadian-tire-lego-sales/ ).

Will certainly take advantage of the gift card deal, thanks!

I know you did :) , but I thought the $50 card (plus literally every set in the stores in my area on sale, at least 20% off) warranted its own thread to get some Canadian BPers a front page place to score some Lego. Poe's X-Wing was $62 in Windsor, ON. That is pretty sweet, especially when you add a couple more sets to trigger the GC. I'd wager SW and any of the larger sets won't make it through the weekend.

• Like 1

On the topic of AT-Ats, I can confirm there is untapped demand for them in downtown Toronto. I know this because I sold all 3 of mine this week on Kijiji/Craigslist and have had at least 5 more people asking for them. One guy was willing to come from Newmarket by bus to get it. 

7 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

On the topic of AT-Ats, I can confirm there is untapped demand for them in downtown Toronto. I know this because I sold all 3 of mine this week on Kijiji/Craigslist and have had at least 5 more people asking for them. One guy was willing to come from Newmarket by bus to get it. 

I sold 3 online this week at $199 shipped, one through the 'bay and two cash deals. I think these will sell easily in the next few months. And if there is no remake slated for 2016 this will be a gold mine in 12 months.

22 minutes ago, Veegs said:

I sold 3 online this week at $199 shipped, one through the 'bay and two cash deals. I think these will sell easily in the next few months. And if there is no remake slated for 2016 this will be a gold mine in 12 months.

These things are gold. I am hopeful they make an appearance in the new film (which I will find out on Monday). The Star Wars energizer commercial featured them working with forces all from the Force Awakens so fingers crossed. 

I just popped by the Bay/Dundas location and all that was on shelves were mostly city sets (6 fire stations being the only real draw) and the Milano and Knowhere sets from Guardians of the Galaxy, all for about 20% off. Forgot to even check if they were doing the rebate card as I was so disillusioned with the pickings.

Location nearby had 4 75054 in stock (used the site to locate the stock) at %20 off :money: Also of note was Hulkbuster Smash, bunch of TFA sets (no MF), and ISD's (all on sale). Only picked up the ATATs though as you only get 1 giftcard at 200, and not another at 400 :(

Not sure why the old SW stuff was only %20 off, yet TFA Tie and Troop Transport was %30.

IMG_5540.thumb.JPG.36b5dfd6559db58972994

I did multiple transactions and picked an ISD, Tie Fighters, X-Wings, Ant Man, Bikeshop Cafe and some smaller Star Wars sets... and I have $150 to spend tomorrow on free lego lol.

They had high speed passenger trains there as well for $135.  Not sure what else but it seems all Star Wars stuff is 30% off.

Edited by Zender

18 minutes ago, Zender said:

I did multiple transactions and picked an ISD, Tie Fighters, X-Wings, Ant Man, Bikeshop Cafe and some smaller Star Wars sets... and I have $150 to spend tomorrow on free lego lol.

They had high speed passenger trains there as well for $135.  Not sure what else but it seems all Star Wars stuff is 30% off.

I would have done that but i had limited time on lunch break :(

2 hours ago, Nobutada said:

Is this deal only exclusive to Ontario CT's?

No it should be nationwide.  I asked a manager what the deal was and they said it was a corporate promotion on the clearance prices and the $50 promo was also corporate.  All the CT's in my area had the same sale on Lego start today and they are all different owners.

2 hours ago, Nobutada said:

Is this deal only exclusive to Ontario CT's?

Nationwide ..so far .. Here in Quebec it's the same thing .. scored 5 AT-AT 20% , 3 ISD 20%, 2 Tie 30%, 2 Construction site 30% and few  Friends at 20% +50x Canadian tire money back on these only .. 6 transactions ending up with 300$ to spend tomorrow on more sets

Just rang my local CT in North Van to see what the story was. Looks like there might be select sets on clearance, but the customer service rep I spoke to didn't have a hard list. I shot her a few product #s and she checked them and confirmed full price. I work around the corner so I'll have to check in this evening before shift or something, see what I can see. Does appear to be YMMV though, despite being 'nation wide'.