21022 - Lincoln Memorial

dcdfan

So, this set was released in January & sale priced in May for $23.99 at LEGO Shop at Home. I did pick up a bunch during the 20% off sale but I will be very disappointed if this one is going so soon & I wasn't paying attention. It's currently sold out at Amazon, FAO, Target, Toys R Us & Walmart. Now, I only see it available at LEGO Shop at Home for online purchasing...

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

SOLD OUT at shop at home USA for a few days.  cleared out for ordering with shipping at Amazon, Target, Walmart, and TRU.  very limited store stock at TRU according to website.  Barnes and nobles showing very limited local stock.  The 2 closest haunts are out. Closest is an hour away.

Because of the short life and relatively rapid disappearance, hoping there will be rapid price appreciation.  

The set is especially nice because of the small size and cheap shipping.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
21 minutes ago, Pebble&Park said:

Seal codes for any newly acquired ones?

22H6 from Amazon UK and 40S6 from John Lewis UK. I'm taking a break and may buy the Capitol in a couple of years.

Edited by TabbyBoy

FYI, the price on this has already doubled, at $62 at Amazon.

Curious if this is just the Christmas shoppers looking for this or our fellow resellers trying to stock up. Could the price come down after Christmas?

Tried to order the max 5 from LEGO Shop at Home from a tertiary account when they still had it in stock but they "only" shipped 4 with the snow globe and calendar. Now, I'm obligated to make the effort to check out a local toy store that carries some Architecture

Edited by grackleflint
  • Like 1

Tried to hit up B&Ns that usually have old stock around and barely found any (still lots of the other retirement candidates). If this stays sold out, it will be the quickest Architecture departure I recall. Also, I noticed that when all the other Architecture sets were sold at LSAH, this was the last one to remain available. It makes me think LSAH held on to the remaining stock to sell themselves rather than dumping it on a retailer to liquidate.

I don't even see listings on the Target and TRU pages anymore and all the other stores I can think of are sold out.

On 12/10/2016 at 7:40 PM, kahuka said:

I noticed that when all the other Architecture sets were sold at LSAH, this was the last one to remain available. It makes me think LSAH held on to the remaining stock to sell themselves rather than dumping it on a retailer to liquidate.

I think they may be doing this with Flatiron as well as it's back orderable from LEGO Shop at Home & only available at B&N online.

5 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

I think they may be doing this with Flatiron as well as it's back orderable from LEGO Shop at Home & only available at B&N online.

One difference is that Walmart/Target dumped a bunch of Flatirons at <$30. I didn't see that type of discount for the LM.

my last batch from LEGO Shop at Home were 38R6s from us LEGO Shop at Home. 

this set is poised to be a top performer from the class of 2016.  i love how light this is to ship.  i'm pretty sure with some flap trimmin' this babies going first class.

2 minutes ago, kahuka said:

One difference is that Walmart/Target dumped a bunch of Flatirons at <$30. I didn't see that type of discount for the LM.

LM was 22.99 for weeks on end at target and wm just before EOL. that's when i loaded up thanks to the tip off from Europe LEGO Shop at Home.  i also got lucky and scored a stash for $15 at walmart at the end of the summer.

Edited by cladner

2 minutes ago, pstebbing said:

I remember those pics. Lucky sod.

my next stop was the men's dept for some new Jockey's from soiling myself.  i had never seen an architecture set in an actual brick and mortar store outside of LEGO store and barnes and noble.  on clearance no less.  i forgot there were $15 big bens - yeah!

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, cladner said:

LM was 22.99 for weeks on end at target and wm just before EOL.

I guess by dumping, I meant there was no sudden price drop that immediately resulted in selling through the final stock. The Architecture line in general seems to sell for 20-30% off for most of it's life.

Too bad I missed the tip off about a potential retirement. This one took me by surprise.

• Like 1

I guess by dumping, I meant there was no sudden price drop that immediately resulted in selling through the final stock. The Architecture line in general seems to sell for 20-30% off for most of it's life.
Too bad I missed the tip off about a potential retirement. This one took me by surprise.

Don't forget to check Books-a-million.

Guest TabbyBoy
8 minutes ago, kahuka said:

Not me as I half expected it as soon as the White House was retiring soon. At least I've now got one to match every White House. The White House, Lincoln Memorial, Trevi Fountain & IDEAS sets are the only ones that I'm not selling during my bail out. Making good money on these is a good way to end an era.

• 5 weeks later...