Costco Canada Deals

Zender

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Thumper said:

let's hope they blow the last ones out at 50% off again!

I see some new arrivals on the site, including Technic sets, so they may be getting ready to move the older sets out... here's hoping... :)

Notably, the largest new set 6x6 all terrain town truck at $259.99 vs retail of $369.99.... Discounts on new Technic sets are in the 25-30% off range...

Edited by Shneebs
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, kd123 said:

Costco is great!

I need more technic parts!

it certainly is awesome for us Technic builders.  I don't see any value in the 6x6 even at $110 off.  There are several unique / rare pieces which I will just order through BnP's.

Edited by lego rules

1 hour ago, lego rules said:

it certainly is awesome for us Technic builders.  I don't see any value in the 6x6 even at $110 off.  There are several unique / rare pieces which I will just order through BnP's.

Me too I'm cleaning Lego out of those teddy's! Oh yeah! :)

Every Technic MOC needs a TEDDY!

IMG_2767.PNG

5 hours ago, ChristopherJB said:

Beautiful, gives me more time to restock.

Are people south of the border actually paying a premium for this? Amazon.ca has had Costco's price matched for months now, can't imagine anyone willing to pay remotely close to RRP for this any time soon in Canada anyway... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zelgazra said:

Are people south of the border actually paying a premium for this? Amazon.ca has had Costco's price matched for months now, can't imagine anyone willing to pay remotely close to RRP for this any time soon in Canada anyway... 

Look at this guy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Technic-42055-Bucket-Wheel-Excavator-3929-pcs-2-in-1-BRAND-NEW-SEALED-/232133206128?epid=230225716&hash=item360c37a070:g:GFcAAOSwXeJYG~eb

11 hours ago, Zelgazra said:

If you have stock, you just need to be patient. List it anything above $249USD and wait. You will get at least one sold a month. Even target is selling it for 279USD and got one sold.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-174-Technic-Bucket-Wheel-Excavator-42055-/282300909047?epid=2164324309&hash=item41ba7205f7:g:o78AAOSw44BYXSrx

269USD will get it sold too.
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=292010332417&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2564

Yes, but there's not a lot of meat on the bone at the sold prices of $260-280US shipped. It's a big expensive box to ship, unless you get a West Coast buyer.

7 minutes ago, redghostx said:

It's a big expensive box to ship, unless you get a West Coast buyer.

Those were my thoughts too, $280 + shipping would be alright I guess, that's retail, but I don't think anyone is going to buy from me at that price while $229 copies are widely available still. 

And Chris, you realize those listings don't actually tell us anything concrete right? Those individuals have their items listed at those prices right now. Doesn't reflect in the slightest whether their X copies Sold were sold at that same price.... likely it was lower and they've crept the price up, like most of us do with multiple copies... 

Edited by Zelgazra

53 minutes ago, redghostx said:

Yes, but there's not a lot of meat on the bone at the sold prices of $260-280US shipped. It's a big expensive box to ship, unless you get a West Coast buyer.

there's enough meat on the bone if you live in one of the following places: Niagara Falls, Vermont border with Quebec, Sweet Grass (Montana/Alberta border), South Vancouver (to Blaine or Point Roberts), Abbotsford/Sumas Border Crossing. Assuming you got these from TRU a few weeks ago at $170ish after taxes in CAD, you dump them at $200USD and you'll rack up a 25% gain easily. Even on a day where you have a horseshoe up your behind, you wouldn't be able to gain 25% in the stock markets.

Edited by ChristopherJB

• 1 month later...

I may get one or two for personal use but am in no hurry as it's listed at Costco.ca and similar to the BWE will likely be listed below retail price for some time canibalizing all other retailers and resellers until retirement.

I know you get more of than normal power functions with this RC set which helps explain the price difference but for me the IR is useless as are the m motors.  As a technic builder I look at this set and only like some of the new red pieces, the red #3 connector, the new blue panels and the black panels.  The big wheels are nice too for those who didn't get their fair share with the Claas.   Everything else is common and the a/b models are below average as well. Definitely not something I would want to display.

My $0.02.

Edited by kd123