9500 - Sith Fury-class Interceptor

stephen_rockefeller

I loved that set the second I saw it! Wish I could have bought one on sale. $90 would have made my wallet perform a 'hara kiri'. Ha ha. The minifigures are great. The two Sith Troopers in this set are different from the one in the "Republic Troopers vs Sith Troopers" battle pack. Oddly enough, the one in the battle pack is more detailed for some reason. For myself, I think the ship looks awesome!

I haven't seen it discounted.........did I miss a discount on it?

You might have missed an opportunity or two. I have two in my portfolio, one from YoYo.com @ $49.70 (I believe it was a 40% off coupon code and it was on sale too) and one from Kmart.com @ $60.10 (sale and coupon combo). I add the sales tax to all of the items in my portfolio to reflect the actual price paid. It's too hard to figure in rewards points, so I just try to keep that in mind, unless it takes the rewards off the actual sale like when using Amazon Visa rewards, KMart Shop Your Way Rewards, etc.

I also recall people getting them for like $35 each at Shopko at after Christmas clearance sales.

I was not a fan, since I'm not a big SW Expanded Universe guy. I've only heard good things about the build and the ship itself, so I've picked up a couple over the past month or two.

Agreed on the expanded universe point. Is there another example of something outside the main movies doing well?

What does everyone this about this set? I see it and think it looks like a cool set! I was looking for opinions on both investment and build/ playability.

I think this is one of those less obvious investment choices. It really is a great set once it is built and I think it looks better when built than it does on the box! My boys love to play with it. But it isn't obvious like the Millennium Falcon - 7965. I think any Star Wars Lego fan who sees it in real life will want one.

I haven

Agreed on the expanded universe point. Is there another example of something outside the main movies doing well?

The only thing that stands out for me is the Turbo Tank, which has Ahsoka, Cad Bane and Anakin in it from the Clone Wars. It hasn't take off, but I still think it will do pretty well once the stock dries up.

• 4 months later...

How do you guys feel about the 9500 Sith fury Class Interceptor Set? I know a few people have mentioned they don't see a good investment outlook on the Old Republic sets, and this one has been languishing on Walmart shelves for awhile at 73.00 or so, but I now have the opportunity to possibly buy two of them NISB for 33 bucks a pop from a guy (probably the same one I bought from before that is maybe stealing sets?). Obviously its gonna be hard to lose at that price, but does anyone think this set will actually appreciate well over retail?  

If I could get one at that price, I would buy it just to build. It looks like a pretty sweet set and I have been eyeing it since I first saw it. Unfortunately I can't bring myself to pay 70+ for it, being as I don't follow the Old republic stuff, and I've been buying a bunch of the classic trilogy and clone wars sets already...

I'm guessing at that price you can easily profit on it, no matter how popular it is.

I'm going to buy with the quickness if they email me back and it hasn't already sold. I have a fleeting suspicion that the seller is the same dude I've bought multiple sets from before that sells everything NISB for crazy good prices (HD for $50, VC for $50, EDB for $50). I know we start an ethical debate in almost every one of these threads, but I really wonder how this guy seems to get these sets that he can sell them this cheap.

Have you opened any of the boxes you've bought from him? Just want to make sure he didn't somehow find a good method of opening them and filling them with rocks and then "sealing" them back up.  :sick:

After I got some $69 VC's from Walmart, I opened the $50 VC he sold me and built it, seals were perfect and not a baggie tampered with nor a piece missing. I've also gently shook some of my other purchases from him and they were legit as far as I could tell by the sound and weight that they were lego pieces inside. I think rocks would "feel" different or whatever.

I don't know about this guy. I guess it is possible that he could be using an employee discount somewhere on an already marked down item or whatever, but it just seems too cheap still. I also think he might have lied to me the first time he sold me a set (The Malevolence for $50) because he said someone bought it for his kid but the kid was too young so they were going to buy Duplos instead, lol. So how the hell do you then go on to sell like 8 more sets? Fishy indeed. I hope the guy isn't a lurker on here reading my posts, but eh, I guess it is what it is. I like the deal but that doesn't change that I think he lied to me.

Come on people, just because someone gets cheap LEGO's doesn't mean they are stealing them.  He could have won them in a poker game, they could have been gifts and he doesn't have a receipt to return them, he could be a Pimp and his Ho's pay him in LEGO, he could be a drug dealer and he trades his smack for Bricks, or he could have a great inside deal with someone.

I get great deals all the time from retail stores.  I am just patient and wait for deals.  I'm also a Pimp. :queen:

• Like 2

For him to be making any money at all he'd have to be finding some of the kind of deals I get on LEGO, and I'm talking my best finds. He's either stealing them, buying from someone who does, or is an imbecile.

None of this equates to any harm to you, so by all means keep the cheap set flow coming. It sounds like it's one of the only breaks you're getting in your area.

Also yes, no ethics please on this one. It would be impossible to even verify the source of the seller's deals anyway, unless you do some kind of crazy ninja stalker/stakeout. Over some ABS plastic.