7191 - X-Wing Fighter

illiguy

Well, I wouldn't call 7191's performance stable. It was stable for the last 12 months until November when it spiked. I still can't recommend this as an investment at that price. It is just as likely to drop back to $1000 as it is to climb to $2000. There are safer places to put investment dollars at this point.

This is either star wars hype or a significant decrease in sellers.

If you really want one, buy the one for $895 on bricklink and keep it or resell it.

Except for completionists who 'need' to have every Star Wars UCS set and are still missing this set, I don't see a high demand for this set, with the 10240 Red Five X-wing as (improved) remake of the 7191 X-wing available for a much lower price. 

Why spend $1500 on a MISB 7191 if you can get a MISB 10240 for $200-$250 and have plenty of $$$ left to spend on other cool sets? That is how I think, and I'm sure that the majority of Lego collectors think that way. 

• Like 1

All good feedback. While new to the world of collecting, this one is singing to me. I have about 3 R5's. Guess I want to own for how iconic the set is, with the ability to sell down the road if ever needing or wanting to. 

Must be the "whooooosh" factor Ed wrote about in his guide!

Edited by illiguy