Angry Birds 2016

Alpinemaps

2 hours ago, Kneel_Before_Zod said:

They must be desperate if they thought an old ipad game was worth making these dumb things. Who cares for Angry Birds anymore? No one. Why? Because it was a stupid game then and it is a stupid game now. Another movie pandering to the few fans that even exist.

2 hours ago, Kneel_Before_Zod said:

They must be desperate if they thought an old ipad game was worth making these dumb things. Who cares for Angry Birds anymore? No one. Why? Because it was a stupid game then and it is a stupid game now. Another movie pandering to the few fans that even exist.

I mean c'mon already....

Angry-Cat-Meme-06.jpg

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

I think LEGO are a little late to the party as interest has now diminished somewhat. I think this theme will only last months and will then bomb. Not for me and I predict "Chimaesque" performance post EOL. There's not many themes worse than CITY or FRIENDS for investing and this could be one of them. 

Well it is a movie tie range and the movie is out in a month, so we’ll see.  But it wouldn’t be the first time movie tie in sets sank without a trace.  But then Lego doesn’t really care about the long term on these, just so long as people buy the sets after seeing the movie.  It’s not their IP.  Unless of course there is an Angry Birds 2.   

So 75824 Pig City Teardown is the top seller for the Angry Birds theme on Amazon. Huh.. not my favorite. At $39.99 it's not the cheapest... why is it the best seller of the group?  Does it have more play features... more fun? Any opinions on this one?

Just picked up KPC for $88 AUD and PPS for $75 AUD from a local BSS on Facebook (BNIB). LEGO Shop at Home has them listed for $139.99 AUD and $99.99 AUD respectively. Happy with the savings! 

I don't know why but I massively attracted to these sets. I couldn't care less if they're worth nothing in the future, I just love knowing that I have them!

:D

Edited by gazza
Incorrect prices!
  • Like 1

On 4/14/2016 at 11:50 PM, Kenxxx said:

So 75824 Pig City Teardown is the top seller for the Angry Birds theme on Amazon. Huh.. not my favorite. At $39.99 it's not the cheapest... why is it the best seller of the group?  Does it have more play features... more fun? Any opinions on this one?

@TheOrcKing posted a great video review a few posts above that you may want to have a look at. Children will love playing with this set!

It's all subjective at this stage. Some love these sets while some like @Kneel_Before_Zod are just plain angry that their eggs were stolen haha :) 

• 2 weeks later...

These sets make me think about the spongebob sets. They look similar in style. So these could become late bloomers. Especially if the life is short.

Allthough I have nothing with the angry birds. I like the sets. The castle looks pretty neat!

These sets make me think about the spongebob sets. They look similar in style. So these could become late bloomers. Especially if the life is short.

Allthough I have nothing with the angry birds. I like the sets. The castle looks pretty neat!

The only good SpongeBob was deep clearance SpongeBob

• 2 weeks later...

The movie came out yesterday and we are already seeing discounts on these - 20% off Amazon  and 15% off Target starting tomorrow. Not enough for me to pull the trigger, but I'm wondering for those who remember previous Lego movie tie ins: is it normal to see 15-20% off on the opening weekend of a film release? Curious if these early discounts could indicate deeper discounts to come.

9 hours ago, exciter1 said:

We went to the movie today.  It was actually a decent kids movie and my son wants to see it again.

My kids liked it, I thought it was pretty bad. Definitely one to forget... Their attempts at "adult humor" were so over the top that I didn't find them funny at all. Of course, it's possible some was lost in translation as we watched in French but still. Everyone tries to imitate The Simpsons for bits of humor that only adults will understand but nobody has ever succeeded to replicate it.

At least the sets are very present in the movie... they should remain popular with the kids.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Everyone tries to imitate The Simpsons for bits of humor that only adults will understand but nobody has ever succeeded to replicate it.

Can't agree that no one's ever been able to replicate it, I remember being in the cinema for the first Shrek movie and through the movie the adults and kids were laughing at completely different jokes.

7 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Can't agree that no one's ever been able to replicate it, I remember being in the cinema for the first Shrek movie and through the movie the adults and kids were laughing at completely different jokes.

Sorry, yes that didn't come out right... So many people try to replicate The Simpsons but only a few have ever succeeded IMO. Shrek would be one of them.