Angry Birds 2016

Alpinemaps

Guest TabbyBoy

Is AB the worst theme to date? Since most Friends sets are turkeys even at 50% off, I'm leaving AB well alone. My local Smyths has a lot left and some have been reduced again to >60% off. Still, no takers.

FCOL... AB was a popular game, many years ago! How could LEGO leave it for so long?

Maybe their next theme will be Flappy Bird?

Is AB the worst theme to date? Since most Friends sets are turkeys even at 50% off, I'm leaving AB well alone. My local Smyths has a lot left and some have been reduced again to >60% off. Still, no takers.
FCOL... AB was a popular game, many years ago! How could LEGO leave it for so long?
Maybe their next theme will be Flappy Bird?

For the record, Friends sets are turkeys to you in your country and through your selling avenues. Many others have done very well with them.
And Angry Birds seems like a dud, but most Walmarts near me were wiped during the pre-Christmas discounts and didn't make it to clearance. And I haven't seen any restocked yet. If it's gone for good, it will at least have scarcity going for it. That's more than can be said for the Chima and Ultra Agents I still see dying on the vine at TRU and some WMs.

I decided to get the pig city teardown for 20 pounds (more than 50% off from Dutch price) and it is a pretty nice set. Of all AB sets it resembles the core idea of the game to me the most. At this price, the printed bricks by itself were interesting enough for a purchase.

Edited by Legojona
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Legojona said:

I decided to get the pig city teardown for 20 pounds (more than 50% off from Dutch price) and it is a pretty nice set. Of all AB sets it resembles the core idea of the game to me the most. At this price, the printed bricks by itself were interesting enough for a purchase.

At that price point it isn't bad as a parts pack.

I wonder if Angry Birds will only be available through LEGO directly when retailers sold off their remaining inventory. That would be similar to what happened with Jurassic World sets last year, at least in Germany.

Guest TabbyBoy
22 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I have no further questions, your honour.

Nor do I, Sir. I'll eat a pig if any of these sets reach RRP in the afterlife.

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm facing an Angry Bird now!

I've just had another 75 boxes delivered just as she got home from work an hour early. Of course, you can imagine how much space modular-sized double-wall boxes take up in the hallway.

Edited by TabbyBoy

37 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'm facing an Angry Bird now!

I've just had another 75 boxes delivered just as she got home from work an hour early. Of course, you can imagine how much space modular-sized double-wall boxes take up in the hallway.

Oh, did you change your mind regarding Angry Birds as an investment?

Guest TabbyBoy
18 minutes ago, Brian Briggs said:

Oh, did you change your mind regarding Angry Birds as an investment?

LOL - No! It's to start selling all my Haunted Houses, Modulars and Towers of Orwank.

2 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

75825 Piggy Pirate Ship will get back to RRP after retirement, its such a ridiculous model (in a good way) that kids and some AFOLS will want it

I´d want a buy-in of FREE to take the risk. A second year of shelf life could kill the potential of these sets.

• 5 months later...

King Pig's Castle Retired and Piggy Plane Out of Stock. These two never made 50% off at SAH. The theme was five years too late for Lego. 

Maybe the others will follow soon... I was tempted to buy the Pirate Ship at £29.99 (Amazon) a few days ago, but decided against it. Maybe a regret, who knows. I would be more comfortable to hold a couple of  complete sets of these if they didn't have the word Movie on the box. Nostalgia can be a strange thing years down the line. 

Edited by Villager Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Confession time.
I bought some sets in this theme.
75821 £1
75822 £3
75823 / 75824 - I bought one of these for £19 but can remember which one
75825 £39 but got a few freebies (£10 gift card + lego poly bag) to drop the price to under £30.  Didnt buy ago when Argos had it for £15
75826 £30 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

This theme has almost been universally bashed. Perhaps I've had too much festive vino but I think it will do well over the next 24 months. The ebay sold prices are hovering around RRP for some sets (even slightly above), and there are not many sellers on Amazon. 

If Lego produced/retired the theme 5 years earlier it would be gold. For many the game will be an iconic and pioneer of tablet gaming. 

Oh, and remember there's a 10 year anniversary/sequel film coming in 2019.

Now, where's that vino...

Image result for angry birds gold

Edited by Villager Chris
  • Like 1