Super Heroes Mighty Micros

TheOrcKing

• 2 weeks later...

I believe these are planned to fit within the $9.99 category same as Microfighters, the small City Starter Sets, Chima Legend Beasts, etcetera. Anywho, the designs feel like taking the comic book realm of Super Heroes and dragging it through the goofy animated realm of Wacky Racers. Definitely great for kids however the overly cartoony appearance and expressions (not to mention each sports the short legs used for children characters) make the minifigures awkward replacements for the fuller more detailed editions. For example, the Green Goblin here is okay but a little oddball compared to the former included in the pricy Juniors set.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

These don't strike me as something that would have a "hard" street date...

Well they are not available on Amazon, Lego.com, The Lego Store, or even in stores until March 1.

Some people are scalping them on ebay for $20-$25 when they are going to retail for $9.99 so just wondering how he really got his. 

2 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

Well they are not available on Amazon, Lego.com, The Lego Store, or even in stores until March 1.

Some people are scalping them on ebay for $20-$25 when they are going to retail for $9.99 so just wondering how he really got his. 

In the past TRU in-store & Lego store (& sometimes Walmart in-store) seem to be the most popular for early releases...

Edited by dcdfan

On February 15, 2016 at 0:22 PM, Deanfjr said:

I thought they didn't come out until March 1 

I bought 5 out of 6 at Barnes & Noble yesterday. Built Captain America vs. Red Skull while watching Captain America with the kids. Easy, cute, and the kids really like them. Probably not a must have for AFOL, but I bought them "for the kids", so who knows.

27 minutes ago, Poly 30286 said:

I bought 5 out of 6 at Barnes & Noble yesterday. Built Captain America vs. Red Skull while watching Captain America with the kids. Easy, cute, and the kids really like them. Probably not a must have for AFOL, but I bought them "for the kids", so who knows.

Yea that's what it's all about... the kids.... most people around here forget about that :angel:

1 hour ago, Deanfjr said:

Yea that's what it's all about... the kids.... most people around here forget about that :angel:

In theory, yes, LEGO is aimed at kids. As far as investment is concerned, you need to put your money in sets that are not just for kids. After all, whether it's parents or AFOL, the adults are the ones buying.

On 2/15/2016 at 2:15 PM, Deanfjr said:

Kmart.com has these...

• Like 1