4002015 - Borkum Riffgrund 1

4002015 - Borkum Riffgrund (LEGO employees Xmas Gift 2015)

Just wondering, are there any value in these sets? Any collectors? This set looks pretty cool IMO, and will be more than happy to pay for it if it was in an actual mass produce product. But at $200ish for 559 pieces... need more expert opinions on here

Lego-4002015-Borkum-Riffgrund1-Offshore-

If you look at last year's set, you can see it's similarly priced.  I think the money is in the initial flip, when the first set of these go out.  I know they were spiking high in the first couple of days, but they seem to come way down to the $200-$300 range now.

I would never pay that much for this, but would love to get the instructions so I can Bricklink this.

Those are truly limited edition exclusives- so far no worries of remakes. they are expensive, every year. I'd love to have those employee sets but they are way too expensive for me, soon Alpine, im sure you'll be able to find instructions on line.

p.s. I still have to finish bricklinking marina bay sands and batpod.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

picking one up from a friend for personal like last years birds, paid 150 for the birds last year and paying same for this one.  Basically going rate minus all fees without them having to deal with an online sale.   If you have employees you talk to on a regular basis can always ask them and they will usually ask around for you.  Usually a few people that will sell them yearly.  Fun to build and unique sets and they usually stay over that price so pretty risk free.

Guest brickcrazyhouse
12 minutes ago, Rodeogeorge said:

I love the set. I'm getting one.

Short list.

Not just you Rodeogeorge, but anyone who likes and wants this set.  Why? Whats the appeal? Not trying to criticize your preferences, just curious.  

42 minutes ago, brickcrazyhouse said:

Not just you Rodeogeorge, but anyone who likes and wants this set.  Why? Whats the appeal? Not trying to criticize your preferences, just curious.  

I took a trip to Europe a couple years back and at one stage we traveled around Denmark by car for 9 days (visited the Legoland and brought me out of the dark ages...). One of the more memorable views for me was going across the long bridges and seeing the windmills out in the water. This set speaks to that quite nicely. Don't think I'd drop 4 CAD bills on it, but it's appealing to me. 

• Like 1

I love the set. I'm getting one.

Short list.

Uh oh. I'm being asked to defend a statement?

There are a few things I like about this set (for personal collection, not as an investment). One: it's rare. It's a nice collectible. Second, I think it would make a fine display piece. Even in the office of a CEO. Third I work in the renewable energy field and It resonates with me. So maybe I could just say I like it and I want it in my office when I'm a CEO of my renewable energy business.