10240 - UCS: Red Five X-wing Starfighter

Mos_Eisley

How many 10240 X-Wing sets do you own?  

336 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10240 X-Wing sets do you own?

• 2 to 5
    • 6 to 10
    • 11+
    • ZERO

This poll is closed to new votes

If they had run out of things to give the UCS treatment, I would be more excited. I like it and I think a lot of people will be happy to get it, but there are still so many other things they need to make. Slave I and AT-AT come to mind first. Plus I'd love to see more busts and models like Yoda, Maul and R2.

ugh. lego dropped the ball w/ this one. how about a detailed playset or even slave 1? looks too similar to my son's 9493 but with a few nice extras that can be retro-fitted using bricklink or your spare elements bin. for pics, click below http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77256&st=1250#entry1520574

No worries man........its highly unlikely that they will remake a UCS MF.

I literally can't imagine a future where this doesn't get remade, especially as the Falcon will likely get some love from whatever films/series/tv shows Disney puts out. It won't be exactly the same...but close. Mark it, dude!

ugh. lego dropped the ball w/ this one. how about a detailed playset or even slave 1?

looks too similar to my son's 9493 but with a few nice extras that can be retro-fitted using bricklink or your spare elements bin.

for pics, click below

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77256&st=1250#entry1520574

I agree, I'm happy to know that they won't make the remakes exactly the same, but this set just doesn't do it for me. And I know this is probably a poor complaint, but it is a letdown that it doesn't come with a unique minifigure. I will be buying the 9493 to build instead.

I agree, I'm happy to know that they won't make the remakes exactly the same, but this set just doesn't do it for me. And I know this is probably a poor complaint, but it is a letdown that it doesn't come with a unique minifigure. I will be buying the 9493 to build instead.

I can't believe at this point they haven't learned that sets will sell like crazy if they include an exclusive minifigure or two in the large sets. This will sell well anyway, but for an extra $0.25 in cost they could design a new minifigure and have it only available with the set. The R2 set would have been perfect if it would have come with an exclusive chrome R2 minifigure.

• Like 1

I usually wait to make my decision until I see it.....I hated the UCS B wing, until I saw it in person.

Unfortunately, I felt this way too, right up until I built it. It is probably the most fragile set I've seen. If you can build it, display it somewhere and never touch it again you'll be fine. Just make sure you never bump the shelf or case or whatever you have it in or on.

The only aspect that I don't like about it is that they didn't double plate the wings like they did with the B-Wing. It really doesn't seem to be THAT much bigger than 9493, but I am definitely getting a couple, one to build. At 1550 pieces though, $199 is a reach, I'll definitely wait until it hits the $150 price point or lower.

And so it begins....

We'll see. The original was 13 years ago. Now if we start to see another Star Destoyer, Blockade Runner, or Snowspeeder, than I would get concerned that they are just going to remake all the UCS sets. Until then, I firmly believe that we will still see plenty of original UCS sets and once the new movies come out in a couple years, they will have piles of new material with which to replicate ships in UCS scale. 10179 came out much later than 7191, so unless it's a last hurrah for Lego Star Wars(or the year 2020 or something), I don't think you'll see another one on that scale.