75150 - Vader's TIE Advanced vs. A-wing Starfighter

HandyHand

26 minutes ago, Neosphinx said:

Looking forward to this one. The rest not that much.

Yes, same here. I am really hoping this will be a good one!

Could it be a remake of the 10175 - Vader's TIE Advanced? That version is from 2006, which is now 10 years ago. And the price for the 10175 at that time was $99.99 while this set will be priced at $100 according to the Just2Good source. But considering inflation a proper remake and improvement should then be closer to $160 - $180.

So it's more likely it will be a good play-set, rather than a remake of the UCS set.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

At Brickset they put up a longer description:

This is one of two sets based on Star Wars Rebels which were shown at the toy fair and is the better of the two in my opinion. Both Darth Vader’s TIE Advanced and the A-wing Fighter are the best versions of the respective craft yet due to the increased level of detail. The TIE Advanced is a little stubbier than previous versions to replicate the style seen in Rebels and includes a pair of spring loaded shooters in place of the laser cannons, just like 75082 TIE Advanced Prototype.

The A-wing is slightly larger than earlier models and features a new light bluish grey and dark green colour scheme. Two missiles are hidden underneath and the cockpit canopy is hinged to allow the pilot access. Best of all, the fins mounted above and below each thruster are angled to replicate their onscreen appearance perfectly!

Sabine Wren, an A-wing Pilot, Darth Vader and a minifigure listed only as ‘Grand Moff’ are included. Darth Vader’s helmet sculpt has been altered yet again to reflect the stylised version from Star Wars Rebels while the ‘Grand Moff’ is presumably Tarkin, who appeared in the first season, or a different character who has yet to be seen in the animated series. I suspect it is Grand Moff Tarkin, although Darth Vader and his TIE Advanced did not appear until season two and have yet to share the screen with Tarkin.

This set may likely enter into my collection, since I don't have any TIE Advanced or A-Wing yet and I might as well start with these. Depending on whether I like the looks of this set once pictures get released.

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I think you mean again. There's a helmet in the 75106

I meant that the helmet is still only available in 75106. She was in 75090, but also without her helmet.

Anyone who wants to get her helmet has to buy 75106 which is way too expensive or buy an overpriced minifig somewhere else.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

so going on day 2 now with this being OOS  - call to check availability at usa/canada which is usually a skip away from SOLD OUT.  meanwhile instock limit 10 in europe.  Software glitch?  has any $89.99 set ever had a 3 month life? maybe this is a price mistake/erroneous tag or not going to have in stock by xmas.   or perhaps even a genius marketing move designed to fleece compulsive overthinking LEGO investor/gamblers like myself into thinking its going super early.  but then i start to over thinking again and say well, there are sure a lot of $80-100 price point sets taking up that shelf space and maybe one of the big guys goes early?   yes but this is a large Rebels set and has "Tie" ins with the show foolish to end this run now before xmas - downright stupid.  then i say raptor escape and i lose my marbles.  this is the only set from the summer wave i was going to put money into but was planning on waiting now i'm looking for a soft cushy pillow and putting on some corduroy before i take my seat on the fence.

• Like 2

Doubt this is retiring.  Last year the Rebels Tie Fighter set was going out of stock too around this time, and then was very scarce around christmas, but it bounced back earlier this year.  I'd expect the same on this one.  I think this set is just popular, and they don't produce as many rebels sets as they do movie related sets, so the rebels sets bounce out of stock quicker.