75150 - Vader's TIE Advanced vs. A-wing Starfighter

HandyHand

Just now, cladner said:

there has only been one other Vader's TIE advanced of any consequence and its the UCS.  and a bunch of tiny poly bag versions.  

http://brickset.com/sets?query=tie advanced

the next remake will more likely be a middling poly bag

Vader's TIE advanced is not a commonly remade ship by any means.

everyone's hoping this set will be the poor mans 10175 which is stands a chance of becoming now that it has such a short life.

8017 was released in 2009. http://brickset.com/sets/8017-1

I loved that set. 

• 1 month later...
Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Still turding around at Amazon.de and Uk at 40% and backordered at SAH EU. This set will not be a hidden gem, mark my words.

I can't agree more and most other SW sets will create disappointment too.

Yeah it's pretty much gone for US shelves and the price is still stuck at RRP with lots of sellers on FBA with large quantities. Knowing Lego, they will sell the Vader Tie separately within a year or two and it will kill the value of this set. I'm currently hoping for 40% above RRP if we're lucky.

That´s the risk I see too. You´ve already got an A wing on the market and another Turd fighter is always around the corner. This set was priced for collectors from the beginning by Lego and two tiny ships are very underwhelming.

I went all in on IST´s at the same 55% off instead - let´s see if I screwed up or not.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Week 11,16,38,43 and 45 are the confirmed European seal codes so far. Any further additions would be welcome.

It seems there was some production done well before official launch but there is a massive 22 week gap to fill between 16 and 38.

I checked the one I have. It's 15S6. You're missing that sealcode in your list. :) 

• Like 1

What's interesting about this set is how close eBay and Bricklink are to Amazon.

FBA  $92 (74 total AMZ offers)
FBM $83 (two listings below FBA)
eBay $75 (67 listings, two listings below FBM)
Bricklink $72 (21 listings, all exclude shipping)

Those are pretty tight numbers across the platforms. 

It will be interesting to the watch the number of sellers over the next couple of months.  Amazon was up to around 85 sellers at one time, down to 74 now.  eBay is at 67 for buy it now/new.  Bricklink is at 21. For comparison purposes Tydirium is at 94 Amazon offers, 116 on ebay, and 48 on BrickLink.

(all US data)

• Like 3

On 11.2.2017 at 3:36 PM, Val-E said:

Week 11,16,38,43 and 45 are the confirmed European seal codes so far. Any further additions would be welcome.

It seems there was some production done well before official launch but there is a massive 22 week gap to fill between 16 and 38.

I have a copy of 75150 with seal code 19S6, also have 15S6 but that was already mentioned by Haay.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brickbuilder77 said:

How much stock have they got of this damn thing!!!!!

All the unsold returns from shops should keep this bad boy available for some time. They can´t get rid of them at 49 euros here and Amazon is still discounting them, so I guess it will take a while.

When people start receiving their backorders they could post seal codes to give us an idea if it is old stock.