75150 - Vader's TIE Advanced vs. A-wing Starfighter

HandyHand

On 2/16/2017 at 10:26 PM, Val-E said:

All the stuff I have received from SAH at 50% has been old codes so I assume they are returns. This set was supposed to have had a 6 month life but it´s clear it is going to drag out to 9 or so and that won´t make it as attractive a proposition as the sets that went quicker, at least in Europe.

On 2/16/2017 at 10:30 PM, brickbuilder77 said:

Looks like you made the wise choice with IST rather than this! 75140 looks to be hanging around far too long aswell. 

the 75150 i received from LEGO Shop at Home this weekend has seal number 45s6. 

also picked up 75140 with seal number 07s6....

• Like 2

It gets worse, I'm now really tempted to buy the Nexo Knight King's Mech, get this, because I think it looks cool.
Seriously, I had intended to spend the square root of feck all in the first few months of the year and instead I go crazy on the LEGO Shop at Home sale. Lucky no one else has any decent deals at the moment.

Tell me about it, after all the Xmas retirements I said to myself I might as well shut up shop until Oct, but here I am still smuggling sets past the wife and into the loft!!!! #junky
  • Like 6

Guest TabbyBoy
38 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

Tell me about it, after all the Xmas retirements I said to myself I might as well shut up shop until Oct, but here I am still smuggling sets past the wife and into the loft!!!! #junky

Since a lot of buyers know where I live, I no longer keep sets at home, but in a mate's warehouse instead which has high security and is climate controlled. I'm proud to say that I've not bought any investment sets during LEGO's 50% off sale and not even looked at Tesco or Adsa. Once you get over "The Shakes" it's very easy to NOT buy LEGO. I did buy just one 75150 to build and I'll just sell that down the line to hopefully get my money back.

Why shut up shop until October? I'm having a great month so far ;-)

Edited by TabbyBoy

One thing that really discourages me from buying into a set is how many are available for sale on certain platforms. There's currently 218 listings for lego 75150 on ebay, about half are for part outs. Still, theres over 100 sets available brand new from different sellers, that to me is an insane amount.

It seems like all of the sets that were available on sale at SAH have been bought up by qf and there is an insane influx of sets on ebay.

Lowest price right now is £49, price should go up but to what?

I have to admit that I didn't buy any previously, when it went on sale I bought 2, but after it was available for weeks on end I ended up returning the sets. Too much competition already for a set which isnt that great, only plus was its short availability, but people were hoping that would translate into low numbers available for sale, which isn't the case.

Maybe this set will do good, I personally rather move on to another set that is less horded (if that is even possible in todays reselling game...)

• Like 2

In Europe it´s gonna be a turkey, no doubt about that. We´ll see if the shorter availability in the US makes it a better performer there.

Interesting to see if any of the retired SW sets do well - so far I don´t see any outstanding performers but it is early days. 75055 and 75054 only started rising above RRP about now last year.

4 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Interesting to see if any of the retired SW sets do well

Depends what you consider doing well, the RRP on a lot of the sets, like this, Clone Turbo Tank and Captain Rex's At-Te were non-sensical, so for most of us reaching RRP would be a huge result.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2017 at 11:42 AM, jaisonline said:

2ceb5d890fe5056ee34792af43f4cee6.jpg

I prefer the older one - The newer one is too bubble like IMO (which after watching the review, and seeing that it is Rebels based model, that makes sense).

Edited by KShine