75151 - Clone Turbo Tank

HandyHand

• 3 weeks later...

The description by Brickset is more detailed, and makes me even less interested in this set:

I am quite disappointed by this set. The model is significantly smaller than 8098 Clone Turbo Tank, using these wheel elements which are moulded in dark bluish grey and capped with six stud wide dish elements. The suspension is similar to earlier versions of the Juggernaut and many of the play features are familiar too. An AT-RT can be placed inside the main hold and there are firing missiles mounted on both sides. The most interesting new function is the raising lookout tower which is controlled using a gear inside the tank. This works perfectly and is faithful to the movie but at the cost of its appearance which is spoiled by the visible gear racks.

The minifigure selection is equally mediocre in my view, consisting of a Clone Scout Trooper, Commander Gree, two Battle Droids, Luminara Unduli and Quinlan Vos. The last two of those are the most appealing but both have appeared in sets before, albeit with Star Wars: The Clone Wars styling.

• 2 months later...

I still prefer the 1st Turbo Tank (If I performed a crash test with the others, it would surely win). The Mace (Light-up or non Light-up) & Kashyyyk (w/ that cool speeder) were great minifigs.

15782.jpg

81GmkxT7faL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by KShine
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Has any BPers bought this one yet?  Thoughts?  

I've seen a few of these on the shelves at walmart, but haven't jumped on it yet.  But, it's tempting me, but i'll probably wait until they are around mid 80s to buy one.  It definitely looks the most screen accurate of the CTT's.  

Has any BPers bought this one yet?  Thoughts?  

I've seen a few of these on the shelves at walmart, but haven't jumped on it yet.  But, it's tempting me, but i'll probably wait until they are around mid 80s to buy one.  It definitely looks the most screen accurate of the CTT's.  

I bought it, but haven't built it yet. I'm waiting to reward the kiddo.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I've purchased 4 in the past week for $59.  I would let them sit.  If they're at WM or Target, check each morning to see if the price dropped.  If it does, arm sweep them.  If it doesn't, I don't think you'll kick yourself for missing them at that price.  Not in the next year or so, anyways.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LegoAddict42 said:

I'm seeing several around me at WM for $79 but they are not moving fast at that price. I'll wait to see if they drop a little more. I really want the Quinlan Vos fig!!!

They're not moving at $79 around here either.  It doesn't help that the online price everywhere is $79 too.

• Like 2