75046 - Coruscant Police Gunship

MinifigW

This set just got retired a few weeks ago, and already prices have skyrocketed to over $100 ($50 over MRSP). I have a few ideas why this set is going to be gold in the future.

1. Unlikely to be remade, this set was clone wars specific (with a brief appearance in rebels) and I just have a gut feeling this wont be made again.

2. its appearance in Rebels further advances its value in the future, as it now can be assumed that this is the standard imperial gunship.

3. its build is impressive, I got really lucky and found this for $50 on TRUs ebay (it sold out within minutes), and it is an impressive angular build.

4. Short production run, limited stock in stores.

Let me know your opinions on this set, but I really think this is going to be a slam dunk.

gunship.png

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

TRU online was clearancing them before Christmas for something like $36.99. I think that the Ahsoka figure is popular, especially considering it was the last one in stores.

$34.99 and I cleaned a few local TRUs :) I don't see $100 yet, only a few recent sales on eBay (US) for ~$70 and Amazon going rate is currently ~$85-90. This was a relative loser in my Part Out strategy, so maybe I should try a QF on this one .....

6 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I had looked at it for parting out, Ahsoka and the 2 Shock Troopers were almost the price of the set, but I didn't see a lot of value in the other stuff. It seems to be about $75 shipped from Ebay is top of the mark.

I picked them up in my early hours of part-out purchasing, when I had inadvertently left my BrickStock settings at "Current Avg Sale Price" :blush:. So passing them on to Amazon for FBA might be a nice alternative if I could get ~ 2xRRP that way ($90 minus $20 fees and shipping = 2x$35)

I like the set. I enjoyed putting it together. I made the mistake of buying 2 at retail before they got marked down. It was early on when I was under the impression that all exclusives were equal.

The fact that it is Clone Wars and the only other reference is Rebels is just too bad. I can't imagine it reaching higher than 2.5x rrp anytime soon.

12 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

TRU online was clearancing them before Christmas for something like $36.99. I think that the Ahsoka figure is popular, especially considering it was the last one in stores.

I saw that, it sold out sadly before I could get my hands on a few.

12 hours ago, Phil B said:

$34.99 and I cleaned a few local TRUs :) I don't see $100 yet, only a few recent sales on eBay (US) for ~$70 and Amazon going rate is currently ~$85-90. This was a relative loser in my Part Out strategy, so maybe I should try a QF on this one .....

Right before Christmas prices where at $90 - $100, maybe its drooped but still I seeing this do well

12 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I like the set. I enjoyed putting it together. I made the mistake of buying 2 at retail before they got marked down. It was early on when I was under the impression that all exclusives were equal.

The fact that it is Clone Wars and the only other reference is Rebels is just too bad. I can't imagine it reaching higher than 2.5x rrp anytime soon.

The fact that it IS in rebels helps the set in my opinion, this is the only gunship that has been seen officially for the empire. As a star wars nut I really want to get a bunch of these to shuttle my imperial troops around, I guess its just a gut feeling.