75137 - Carbon-Freezing Chamber

9saintsman

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2016 at 11:52 AM, Darth_Raichu said:

Wow that is nice.  Also, one of these minifig does not belong (err unless you subscribe to a certain SW theory) :D

I know. Lock him in the trash compactor and turn it back on.

Back to the set 75137. I like it a lot for some reason. I'd like a higher piece count but combining 2 sets is a good option.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
20 minutes ago, Locutus001 said:

well... eh... I mean nice MOC and all but... isn't the music a little bit over dramatic?

"Man look, I hear you... it's funny to me too, I mean it's strange... it's strange to me too, but we're talking about MUSIC man, we're not even talking about the MOC... the actual MOC, when it matters... We're talking about MUSIC… "

Seriously, the music is good.  Turn down the volume.  Those Bespin mocks are insane and this specific one is based on a Kenner prototype that only a couple of people like Gus Lopez owns.  This unproduced Kenner item is worth over $20k easily based on it's last known sale in the 1990s and estimated appreciation since then.  Who cares about the music. 

My brain cannot contain this thread. I had completely forgotten about the micro death star until i saw this thread a long time ago, and the MOC is epic. The bespin Moc including torture chamber, and even the bacta tank is just more than my piddly brain can handle.

THANK YOU for sharing this. So enjoyable to see what Lego can do in the hands of a nerd artist savant (#nerdisant patent pending)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jaisonline said:

I reached out to baronsat and asked if he would like to do an interview. We'll see if it works out. 

I'm assuming you've seen all the others, but i'll share this link for others to see the MANY unproduced micro collection sets that never existed. The Slave I was a first for me, as of today. I love how much hidden history is out there.

http://theswca.com/images-micro.html

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I wonder what the chances of this being remade is?  I am always worried about that when it comes to Star Wars and some other themes.  The price is looking pretty good on Amazon right now.  For the price and the minifigures that are included,  it seems to me to be a no-brainer.

Edited by legodelorean

23 minutes ago, legodelorean said:

I wonder what the chances of this being remade is?  I am always worried about that when it comes to Star Wars and some other themes.  The price is looking pretty good on Amazon right now.  For the price and the minifigures that are included,  it seem to me to be a no-brainer.

Maybe not a remake, but this scene included in a Cloud City UCS playset would be nice :(

Oy maybe they'll botch it like they did with UCS Hoth (lack of available AT-AT to go with it) and expect you to have purchased the Carbon Freezing chamber to complete Cloud City ?

Edited by Sandwraith

10 minutes ago, Sandwraith said:

Maybe not a remake, but this scene included in a Cloud City UCS playset would be nice :(

Oy maybe they'll botch it like they did with UCS Hoth (lack of available AT-AT to go with it) and expect you to have purchased the Carbon Freezing chamber to complete Cloud City 1f602.png

Are there plans for a UCS Cloud City?