75149 - Resistance X-Wing Fighter

Migration

Agreed. This looks like a next iteration of X-wing, similar to all the interceptors/starfighters. Sure, build details, color scheme or minifigs might be different, but still. Would they really want 2 close to identical sets on the shelf?

Yes based on the film. These diff X-Wings are like the various Clone Trooper differences and people dig that.

Poe's X-Wing is his personalized custom hack (special paint for anti-radar something) while the blue and white are standard. Don't ask me why Rebels (yes, I still call them that) just don't use that paint on all X-Wings.

• Like 1

I see your point. I hope the Poe and BB-8 minifigs are going to be different. Is there a history of TLG having 2 very similar sets on the shelf at the same time though? I thought the standard was the starfighter/interceptor situation - one retiries, a new one comes on the shelf.

Also - +1 about the comment on the paint, lol.

Edited by froncz

10 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Yes based on the film. These diff X-Wings are like the various Clone Trooper differences and people dig that.

Poe's X-Wing is his personalized custom hack (special paint for anti-radar something) while the blue and white are standard. Don't ask me why Rebels (yes, I still call them that) just don't use that paint on all X-Wings.

I thought i saw several black and orange X-wings in that scene, was only Poe's and all the others were white and blue?

23 minutes ago, froncz said:

I see your point. I hope the Poe and BB-8 minifigs are going to be different. Is there a history of TLG having 2 very similar sets on the shelf at the same time though? I thought the standard was the starfighter/interceptor situation - one retiries, a new one comes on the shelf.

Also - +1 about the comment on the paint, lol.

Looks like Poe is in his flight jacket with this one, and the old guy that had the missing map piece, Lor San Tekka is a minifig, along with BB-8 and a Flametrooper.

As for comments about keeping both on the shelf.  Definitely a possibility… but choose your risk level on the Poe's x-wing.  Personally, I think it's winding down.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, froncz said:

Agreed. This looks like a next iteration of X-wing, similar to all the interceptors/starfighters. Sure, build details, color scheme or minifigs might be different, but still. Would they really want 2 close to identical sets on the shelf?

So many products have multiple flavours - it´s a no brainer for Lego, design and production economies of scale and they will sell more as some people will want both. If they really want to take it to the next level, they could have tagged Poe´s as Limited Edition.

On 1/10/2016 at 5:15 PM, jaisonline said:

This is actually a different model fighter from the black one. If I am remembering correctly from what I had read in the past, the black one is a newer model. I have read very much over the last few months in regards to Star Wars, so forgive me for not being able to cite my source. Perhaps someone with the cross-section books can confirm?

10 minutes ago, jnd2k3 said:

This is actually a different model fighter from the black one. If I am remembering correctly from what I had read in the past, the black one is a newer model. I have read very much over the last few months in regards to Star Wars, so forgive me for not being able to cite my source. Perhaps someone with the cross-section books can confirm?

i'm nerding out.  http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-65B_X-wing_starfighter
We know Luke flew the T-65.  i also looked at my DK  Incredible Cross Sections book and starwars.com DB. The book states it's a customized T-70 model (pretty much the same text as SW states, "Resistance X-Wing : The Incom T-70 X-wing is the latest incarnation of a classic design, and the signature combat craft of the Resistance’s Starfighter Corps. Faster than the Alliance-era T-65s, Resistance X-wings are maneuverable enough to engage TIE fighters in dogfights, but powerful enough to take down capital ships. The credit-strapped Resistance relies on X-wings donated or lent by sympathetic New Republic senators and local security forces. During the assault on Starkiller Base, Poe Dameron flies a customized, dark-hulled X-wing under the call sign Black Leader."

More info on Poe's black X-Wing.  http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-70_X-wing_fighter

But then I looked at the T-85's page. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-85_X-wing
it appears Poe flew a T-85 in "Before the Awakening" book (haven't read it yet).

at this point, i had no idea so i looked at the movie novelization. no much of the x-wing models there.

regardless, the two diff T-70 colored schemes and some diff minifigs will help differentiate each set.

Too many LEGO X-wings. I guess we will get a black/classic one with the premiere of Rogue One? That would bring a total to 3 within a year. + Some overlap with the 10240. Am I correct in assuming that they will bring down at least one of them before the release of the movie (Poe's one one would assume)?

10 minutes ago, froncz said:

Too many LEGO X-wings. I guess we will get a black/classic one with the premiere of Rogue One? That would bring a total to 3 within a year. + Some overlap with the 10240. Am I correct in assuming that they will bring down at least one of them before the release of the movie (Poe's one one would assume)?

we will likely see a refresh of the t-65 model for rogue one based on leaked film pics.   lego can prob keep these 3 on the retail shelves for at least 1 yr. it won't matter as each set serves a diff purpose.

new version of 9493

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/X-Wing-Starfighter-9493

32 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

i'm nerding out.  http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-65B_X-wing_starfighter
We know Luke flew the T-65.  i also looked at my DK  Incredible Cross Sections book and starwars.com DB. The book states it's a customized T-70 model (pretty much the same text as SW states, "Resistance X-Wing : The Incom T-70 X-wing is the latest incarnation of a classic design, and the signature combat craft of the Resistance’s Starfighter Corps. Faster than the Alliance-era T-65s, Resistance X-wings are maneuverable enough to engage TIE fighters in dogfights, but powerful enough to take down capital ships. The credit-strapped Resistance relies on X-wings donated or lent by sympathetic New Republic senators and local security forces. During the assault on Starkiller Base, Poe Dameron flies a customized, dark-hulled X-wing under the call sign Black Leader."

More info on Poe's black X-Wing.  http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-70_X-wing_fighter

But then I looked at the T-85's page. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-85_X-wing
it appears Poe flew a T-85 in "Before the Awakening" book (haven't read it yet).

at this point, i had no idea so i looked at the movie novelization. no much of the x-wing models there.

regardless, the two diff T-70 colored schemes and some diff minifigs will help differentiate each set.

Awesome, thanks! Before The Awakening is where I read that.

I was thinking that if Poe was flying the T-85, that must be the blue one we see at the start of the film. Does the DK cross-section book give any indication of the model of that specific ship? Or are the newer T-85s only used by the Republic standing army, with the Resistance using decommissioned models?

So many questions.....

11 minutes ago, jnd2k3 said:

Awesome, thanks! Before The Awakening is where I read that.

I was thinking that if Poe was flying the T-85, that must be the blue one we see at the start of the film. Does the DK cross-section book give any indication of the model of that specific ship? Or are the newer T-85s only used by the Republic standing army, with the Resistance using decommissioned models?

So many questions.....

according to what i read, they were all t-70s in the film so i'm confused.

:wacko:

33 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

according to what i read, they were all t-70s in the film so i'm confused.

:wacko:

Right, but in the film we only see Resistance X-Wings, not Republic X-Wings. I was saying that it is possible the Republic are the only ones with the newer T-85s, which would explain why we only see them in BTA, given Poe's revealed backstory in that book.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, fossilrock said:

Now that it's set in stone...  I think I know what to purchase over the next few weeks.

Considering the more detailed description of this set on Brickset:

This set looks like a replica of 75102 Poe’s X-wing fighter, albeit with a blue and white colour scheme rather than orange and black. The model offers few new functions but the Hyperdrive is removable from the rear of the fighter. I was hoping the laser cannon concealed underneath would be present but unfortunately it is not. A small piece of Tuanal village is included with a pop-up flame feature to replicate the incineration of the settlement in the opening scene of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Four minifigures are found in this set: Poe Dameron wearing his jacket, BB-8, Lor San Tekka and a Flame Trooper. These were not shown but I expect Poe’s hair piece will be the same as that of Superman in the current Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice sets.

I agree with you. I think it's quite possible this new X-Wing may simply replace the 75102. Two nearly identical X-Wing sets is not something toy-stores will like to have on their shelves, when they have limited shelf-space for LEGO Star Wars sets and choices have to be made. Out with the old, in with the new, will be their standard creed.

The demand for the special coloured Poe's X-Wing will definitely increase after an early (?) retirement!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

In the article. "What is important to know is that the 2 x 2 Dishes where the minifigs on are not going to appear in the set but used only to position the minifigures."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...