41130 - Amusement Park Roller Coaster

Migration

Not wrong.  There's a couple of other sets for a Friends Amusement Park subtheme this summer (most notably is a Friends Hot Dog Van).  I've seen this rumor over on Eurobricks and I believe it was confirmed by one of the "good sources" over there.

It definitely piques my interest.  I'll either get it or redo it in other colors, for my own Fairground. I'm excited to see pictures.

• 3 weeks later...

Agree. This looks rather pathetic.

But maybe LEGO is afraid that people who buy Friends sets don't want really large elaborate sets. I don't of course have sales-statistics of the largest Friends sets, but that could be a reason. Smaller sets with simple play features may sell better to the target demography...

9 minutes ago, Poly 30286 said:

Looks like it could only be the kiddie land part

That was my thought, too.  And it's at least something to start with.  I could actually see myself using that as a base to try to MOC something a bit more in line with the rest of the Fairground theme.  I just needed some inspiration.

This is also an easy way for LEGO to do market research on the potential popularity of a much bigger rollercoaster.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Haay said:

Overview of the new Friends Amusementpark sets in one picture:

Rollercoaster, Ferris Wheel ...

Well it's a junior coaster alright as would be expected under anything outside of Creator Expert. The build seems decent from this awkward photo. What gets me is seeing the track pieces in such a wild color. Are those the flexible sort? I would hope so.

Strange that people are expecting so much advance feature out of Friends series. They are targeted at pre-puberty girls :girldrunk:

For advanced roller coaster, I think better to pester the Technic design team instead. After the largest technic set ever in H2 2016, LEGO is more or less out of fresh ideas. Technic roller coaster series could be a good possibility to keep the fans happy.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chipbee said:

Strange that people are expecting so much advance feature out of Friends series. They are targeted at pre-puberty girls :girldrunk:

For advanced roller coaster, I think better to pester the Technic design team instead. After the largest technic set ever in H2 2016, LEGO is more or less out of fresh ideas. Technic roller coaster series could be a good possibility to keep the fans happy.

I agree with you..  I'm not going to buy friends sets, so while I like the concept, until they push it off into another dimension or theme, I can wait them out until they come up with something that's much more afol/16+ oriented.