What would you do in this situation?

tyclin

Recently got request of return from one buyer stating the reason for return was "no longer needed/wanted - birthday present already purchased". Initially, I was about to reply and OK with the return but informed the buyer the refund would be minus the shipping cost and he or she would be responsible for return shipping cost. But then I realized the buyer purchased in early Nov 2015 and requested return after almost two months.

I found it unreasonable and then cancel the request and indicated that the Lego set can only be returned if wrong item is shipped or defective item.

The buyer replied that he or she still felt it could be returned and wanted me to send my returns and refund policy.

I don't think I have any policy written down and I do not believe there is place in my account to indicate that. My policy is what I replied as above.

I opened a case and Amazon as usual not helpful, obviously replied with formulated answer. I don't expect amazon is going to be more helpful.

What would you handle this situation and what would you reply?

56 minutes ago, aldarondo said:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=15015721 says that they can return until January 31, 2016 unless you have a seller Return Policy.

My vote would be suck it up and handle the return, then make sure you have a return policy written down on Amazon to direct future customers to.

I am glad that I asked.

So given this situation, how would you handle the refund and return shipping cost?

1 hour ago, tyclin said:

Recently got request of return from one buyer stating the reason for return was "no longer needed/wanted - birthday present already purchased". Initially, I was about to reply and OK with the return but informed the buyer the refund would be minus the shipping cost and he or she would be responsible for return shipping cost. But then I realized the buyer purchased in early Nov 2015 and requested return after almost two months.

I found it unreasonable and then cancel the request and indicated that the Lego set can only be returned if wrong item is shipped or defective item.

The buyer replied that he or she still felt it could be returned and wanted me to send my returns and refund policy.

I don't think I have any policy written down and I do not believe there is place in my account to indicate that. My policy is what I replied as above.

I opened a case and Amazon as usual not helpful, obviously replied with formulated answer. I don't expect amazon is going to be more helpful.

What would you handle this situation and what would you reply?

Take the return, refund the buyer, and move on...it's the cost of doing business on Amazon.

• 1 year later...

Not sure if I'm posting in the correct place, but I just got a return request last night. Item was was delivered/picked up the day before, have tracking and signature. Buyer sent me this message:

It was missing some decals and all the smaller bags of small pieces were opened and all 278 pieces. This is my grandsons xmas gift.He is an avid collector &would be very disapointed.

This was for a used 6863 Batwing Battle Over Gotham City set and I did the inventory right before I sent it off and it was for sure complete, and all stickers were already on the pieces. Basically she's saying the entire set is missing since the set only has 265 pieces lmao. 

What should I do in this case? Would Amazon just side with the customer?

3 minutes ago, seapotato said:

Not sure if I'm posting in the correct place, but I just got a return request last night. Item was was delivered/picked up the day before, have tracking and signature. Buyer sent me this message:

It was missing some decals and all the smaller bags of small pieces were opened and all 278 pieces. This is my grandsons xmas gift.He is an avid collector &would be very disapointed.

This was for a used 6863 Batwing Battle Over Gotham City set and I did the inventory right before I sent it off and it was for sure complete, and all stickers were already on the pieces. Basically she's saying the entire set is missing since the set only has 265 pieces lmao. 

Selling used on amazon is begging for trouble. Amazon will side with grandma. Accept the return and sell it on ebay.

5 minutes ago, seapotato said:

She´s also lost a p in disappointed.

Should have posted this in the cheap grandma thread... buying their grandkids used LEGO for Xmas, what a tool. ;)

You might try replying that the decals are already applied to the pieces to ensure her grandson doesn’t have to worry about them Xmas morning. Additionally you inventoried the parts against the instruction booklet parts list and suggest she do the same just in case there really is 278 pieces. Which would be a bargain for her because as you said, the set is only supposed to be 265 pieces so she’s getting 13 pieces of LEGO gold for free!

• 2 weeks later...

Should have posted this in the cheap grandma thread... buying their grandkids used LEGO for Xmas, what a tool.

You might try replying that the decals are already applied to the pieces to ensure her grandson doesn’t have to worry about them Xmas morning. Additionally you inventoried the parts against the instruction booklet parts list and suggest she do the same just in case there really is 278 pieces. Which would be a bargain for her because as you said, the set is only supposed to be 265 pieces so she’s getting 13 pieces of LEGO gold for free!
Lol i did respond and asked if she maybe mixed up sets. And if she wanted to return, I can issue a full refund only if I receive all pieces, minifigures, instruction booklet, comic and box back. Then I asked if she would like to proceed. No response. I haven't authorized the return yet - if I leave it, does Amazon automatically close it or refund the money to the buyer??

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk