Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Movie Discussion

Ed Mack

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an article that contains the first look of the cast from the new STAR WARS: Rogue One.

After reading the article, it made me think that we will see Darth Vader again...and the old X-Wing...and the Death Star...and the Imperial Star Destroyer...and the Super Star Destroyer...and the...

This could be either the best thing for us or worst.  I can see the remakes right now.

Whoa isn't that Donnie Yen on the lower right? He was awesome in Ip Man, one badass modern Kung Fu movie done old school style. :sword:

It looks like UCS X-Wing is going to wait until this movie is done before saying buh bye :(  Or worse, R5 retires this year and  LEGO release UCS R1 X-Wing next year to coincide with this new movie :D

• 4 months later...

From my searching, I did not see a dedicated thread for the upcoming Star Wars spinoff Rogue One.  I know there have been posts about it in other threads, but I feel its time to create a dedicated one since more information and off course sets will eventually be making its way out.

In a post today from Ubergizmo, they talk about how Darth Vader will be back.  Apparently the costume is an exact replica or the original work in Episode IV, James Earl Jones will be involved in the project which is awesome and they will even have a CGI Grand Moff Tarkin in it.  If this is done right, who knows how popular this will be.  I can only imagine what the theaters will be like when Darth Vader makes his grand entrance on the screen.  

Tarkin-and-Vader.jpg

Quote from article:http://www.ubergizmo.com/2016/01/darth-vader-apparently-returning-to-star-wars/

The events of Rogue One are said to take place between episodes III and IV of the original trilogy, a time when Darth Vader is at the height of his powers, having fully completed the transition from Anakin Skywalker to Darth Vader.

The report claims that the team for this movie has created an exact replica of Vader’s costume as seen in A New Hope, apparently it’s so close to the original costume that everybody involved is very happy with the work done by Brian Muir and his team.

It’s even claimed that James Earl Jones is involved in the project, who voiced the iconic character in the original trilogy, and apparently a CGI version of the Grand Moff Tarkin has also been created by Disney for this movie. Those who have seen this movie know the Vader is usually seen around Governor Tarkin.

• Like 1

I came to realize the other day that a. we are getting 3 Star Wars Films in 18 month's time.  And b. That Rogue One is going to be a movie, in the Star Wars Universe, that we've never gotten before.  We have no idea what to expect for a "non-Skywalker-centric" Star Wars film.

I am beyond excited.  I can't wait to see this film.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

I'm not shocked Vader will be in this one.  I bet he's shown in a way that will make him seem like a wimp in the OT. 

Secondly, it's almost guaranteed that At-At's and X-wings are going to be in the upcoming setlists. 

6 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I'm not shocked Vader will be in this one.  I bet he's shown in a way that will make him seem like a wimp in the OT. 

Secondly, it's almost guaranteed that At-At's and X-wings are going to be in the upcoming setlists. 

AT-ATs played a large role in the first episode of Rebels too.

1 hour ago, fossilrock said:

I don't care.  I want to see Donnie Yen vs Darth Vader fight, even when Vader can technically wipe out everyone in that Rogue1 team with a singe wave :P  

• 3 weeks later...

FORCE FRIDAY is a definite!   September 30th, 2016.  I guess, the official launch date of Rogue One lego sets, figures, and merchandise is October 1st.  If it's anything like last year, it will be a furious horde of vultures on a carcass that lasts less than 2 minutes at a store.

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rogue-one-force-friday-september-2016/

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I found out recently that Lucas Film/ Disney are to begin filming locally for parts of the next star wars movie. Literally 20 minutes away. Happy Days!!

http://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/star-wars-set-to-film-on-malin-head-724576.html

http://www.derryjournal.com/news/trending/star-wars-episode-8-to-film-in-donegal-s-inishowen-peninsula-1-7263089

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2016/0309/773790-star-wars-set-to-film-in-another-irish-location/

So now with Mark Hamill and the likes to the west, I also have game of thrones being filmed to the East. Even one of the Stark boys, Rickon, the youngest, is played by a local lad.

Does anyone fancy becoming a partner in a SW/GoT tour guide company????