Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Movie Discussion

Ed Mack

That article where it says star wars is filming 20 minutes from your house is complete trollbait.  When you see 5 people on Facebook post the same article, and it's the same one but they all live in different regions of the country, it becomes evident that the article is a fake.

Edited by fossilrock

2 hours ago, fossilrock said:

That article where it says star wars is filming 20 minutes from your house is complete trollbait.  When you see 5 people on Facebook post the same article, and it's the same one but they all live in different regions of the country, it becomes evident that the article is a fake.

Not to sound like i'm trying to start an argument; the local media here is pretty bang on with what they report. We dont live in a heavily populated area and news travels fast. Considering our Minister for Tourism has already made a statement confirming these stories(filming in Skellig Michael and Malin Head), Family and Friends I have in Malin Head have confirmed that every available room has been booked from next week until the end of may and also that this has been reported in local, regional and nation media would suggest that there is substance to this. 

But I guess we can just wait and see......

It's possible. They film a lot of Marvel movies within 5 miles from where I live: Ant Man, Guardians of the Galaxy 1/2, The Walking Dead. I've even seen a few of the actors around town. Rumor has it that Michael Douglas was looking to rent this 10,000 sqft house right across the street from my house, when he was here filming Ant Man.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fossilrock said:

In Eire, 20 mins from your house covers just about the entire island!

1 hour ago, CrabslayerT said:

Not to sound like i'm trying to start an argument; the local media here is pretty bang on with what they report. We dont live in a heavily populated area and news travels fast. Considering our Minister for Tourism has already made a statement confirming these stories(filming in Skellig Michael and Malin Head), Family and Friends I have in Malin Head have confirmed that every available room has been booked from next week until the end of may and also that this has been reported in local, regional and nation media would suggest that there is substance to this. 

But I guess we can just wait and see......

Sorry, I just realized you are from ireland, so yeah, you are definitely in a region that is going to have it filmed near you.

This is the article, i'm referencing... I've seen this pop up a few times in the states, and it is fake. 

http://www.wleb21.com/scranton/next-star-wars-movie-to-be-filmed-near-scranton-pennsylvania/

Edited by fossilrock

2 hours ago, Val-E said:

In Eire, 20 mins from your house covers just about the entire island!

if only this was true!

2 hours ago, fossilrock said:

Sorry, I just realized you are from ireland, so yeah, you are definitely in a region that is going to have it filmed near you.

This is the article, i'm referencing... I've seen this pop up a few times in the states, and it is fake. 

http://www.wleb21.com/scranton/next-star-wars-movie-to-be-filmed-near-scranton-pennsylvania/

Ah! I see now. Still plausible though? 

They are called "Death Troopers".  Supposedly, this is the first black series 6 inch figure that will be released, and available at the SDCC.  

I also suspect, they will be in the first wave of lego sets.  There's 8 black series figures coming out on september 30th, 5 lego sets, and i'm not sure how many hasbro 3.75 figures, but i'm guessing they'll have an initial wave of 12 there.  

Disney marketing is annoying as heck as a fan, but they know how to milk dollars from us!  I'm sure tomorrow this forum will erupt in speculation.

Edited by fossilrock

And i'm sure they'll hint at boba fett, bossk, zuckuss, 4-lom, dengar, and cad bane being in the movie.  Each one of those appearing in the film for 2 seconds is at least worth 500 million in marketing tie-in related merchandise per character.  Milkin' it like they did with Phasma.  

2 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

And i'm sure they'll hint at boba fett, bossk, zuckuss, 4-lom, dengar, and cad bane being in the movie.  Each one of those appearing in the film for 2 seconds is at least worth 500 million in marketing tie-in related merchandise per character.  Milkin' it like they did with Phasma.  

I wouldn't mind seeing them all get stuffed into a trash compactor.