Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Movie Discussion

Ed Mack

Yeah, isn't Vader supposed to be in this one? I thought we would be a little Vader tease like some heavy breathing as the screen goes to black at the end. It was fine. I didn't get the tingles like I did with the E7 trailers. I'm on board though. 

Listen again...at the last scene when the lights turn on

There is something there.

Vader esque

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Not to mention that Bothans are a species, and these people are decidedly human. 

@Exciter1 There's a Bothan in the control center in The Force Awakens.

Precisely ;) 

4 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

That's what I said. :P

I'll take your word on it :girlwacko:

Edited by California92563

1 hour ago, Rodeogeorge said:

Listen again...at the last scene when the lights turn on

There is something there.

Vader esque

Only another 6 months of over-analysis by fans till all is revealed. Time to raise prices on all OT, stuff methinks.

Just now, Ed Mack said:

Until there is a new one...

Fixed.

• Like 2

Just now, Ed Mack said:

Unless there is a new one...

I don't expect this set to be with me within the month, so unless Lego announces an AT-AT in that time I think I'm good. I was selling them no problem before the trailer. I jshould be able to start counting down about one hour after parents get home tonight to be inundated with pleas from their kids who saw the trailer at school. :)

The teaser is similar to the Force Awakens #1 teaser in that it just gave a little information, but not a whole lot and definitely doesn't give a lot of information to where you feel like you have the entire plot of the movie, like so many trailers out there.  I like that Disney does this, but the trailer left me a little bit cold too. 

A few scenes in this make me cringe.  One is the martial arts guy whacking a storm trooper with a stick with all the others troopers surrounding him.  Hopefully this is just some training regime, because it just seems out of place and not like Star Wars. 

The other scene is with Forest Whittaker character.  Leaves you wondering what he is, and it just seems like that should be left out.  Regardless, i'll still be there opening day, in IMAX, first show, in the middle part of the theatre!

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 3

I loved the trailer. Seeing stormtroopers again for the first time on screen since 1983. AT-Ats, star destroyers, the Death Star, what looks like the Emperor (surrounded by red guards), the action was sweet, especially Donnie Yen unleashing on stormtroopers. And lots of intriguing ideas, like the spy infiltrating the Empire as a tie pilot, the new dark troopers, etc. I think I'll enjoy this the way I was hoping to enjoy the Force Remakens until the Death Planet showed up and confirmed it was A New Hope 2.0. Plus Forest Whitaker! Love it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrickLegacy said:

Trailer looked great!  

Did anyone spot R2?  I didn't see him.  

At 19 seconds in the trailer posted in these comments there's a droid in the background lighting up that resembles R2

1 hour ago, cardkid said:

Reminds me of:

Star Wars: The Dirty Dozen

Wow, you hit it right on the head. If this movie amounts to be 1/4 of what The Dirty Dozen was it will be A OK in my book

• Like 1

The man in white intrigues me. It's definitely a grand admiral but don't think it's Thrawn and I'm sure it isn't yularen. 

5 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I still want to see Donnie Yen vs Darth Vader fight.  Even though Vader can wipe the floor with all of these characters with 1 hand tied.

He could prolly force choke them all at once lol