Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Movie Discussion

Ed Mack

I noticed the Amazon thing too but didn't know it was a negotiation issue. I have no need for 3D. The lowest BD/DVD/Digital HD combo pack I could find is this. From DeepDiscount for $17.23 (no tax) for another 3 hours. Anyone else find one cheaper?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rogue-One-A-Star-Wars-Story-Blu-ray-DVD-Digital-HD-/152461298532?_trkparms=5373%3A0|5374%3AFeatured

I noticed the Amazon thing too but didn't know it was a negotiation issue. I have no need for 3D. The lowest BD/DVD/Digital HD combo pack I could find is this. From DeepDiscount for $17.23 (no tax) for another 3 hours. Anyone else find one cheaper?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rogue-One-A-Star-Wars-Story-Blu-ray-DVD-Digital-HD-/152461298532?_trkparms=5373%3A0|5374%3AFeatured

Showing up at $19.98 for me.

Speaking about the movie itself : Its was a great improvement after the terrible The Force Unleashed. The city battle was very realistic and actual, like modern urban warfare. Only the stardestroyer crash in the end was a cheap solution for a strategic stalemate. Total crap , a stupid suggestion by a drunk assistent of the director i guess. 

Edited by Zandbergen

1 minute ago, Zandbergen said:

Speaking about the movie itself : Its was a great improvement after the terrible The Force Unleashed. The city battle was very realistic and actual, like modern urban warfare. Only the stardestroyer crash in the end was a cheap solution for a strategic stalemate. Total crap , a stupid suggestion by a drunk assistent of the director i guess. 

Excuse me what? That hammerhead scene is arguably one of the greatest Star Wars scenes to date. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Zandbergen said:

Only the stardestroyer crash in the end was a cheap solution for a strategic stalemate. Total crap , a stupid suggestion by a drunk assistent of the director i guess. 

The Hammerhead was a callback to the Rebels TV series.  Why was it stupid ? You see a huge space debris, you push it to destroy a big floating shield generator 

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

The Hammerhead was a callback to the Rebels TV series.  Why was it stupid ? You see a huge space debris, you push it to destroy a big floating shield generator 

I agree. That was a genius move in my opinion. They sacrificed a small ship and took out two flagships and the shield generator.

• Like 2

From a movie perspective it was cool to see. From militarty, it was very unrealistic

1. A very passive response from the imperial navy, allowing such move

2. The mass comparison of a imperator and a small rebel ship. Even with the momentum drive of engines, making it hard to control the precise direction

3. Meaning, the chance of collision of two mayor ships, combined with letting one of them smashing to a desired space station is statisticly zero. 

Thus, in perspective of tactical and mathematical propabilty, this whole scene was quite nonsense. Not bad to see, but far from realistic.

13 minutes ago, Zandbergen said:

From a movie perspective it was cool to see. From militarty, it was very unrealistic

2. The mass comparison of a imperator and a small rebel ship. Even with the momentum drive of engines, making it hard to control the precise direction

3. Meaning, the chance of collision of two mayor ships, combined with letting one of them smashing to a desired space station is statisticly zero. 

Thus, in perspective of tactical and mathematical propabilty, this whole scene was quite nonsense. Not bad to see, but far from realistic.

9100616_f520.jpg

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Zandbergen said:

mt43lv.jpg
  • Like 5

39 minutes ago, Zandbergen said:

Just like how Death Star 2 blew up so close to moon of Endor yet did not cause any damage to the moon???? :cool:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zandbergen said:

Guy is giving technical-physical-statistic analysis about the movie which is focused on unknown and unshaped "force" which allows you to control minds and things as well as lightsabers and intergalactic transportation between systems mounted on most of the space ships within reach of your finger.

1374835545330.gif

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Finally saw this flick tonight (rented for $1.04).

Awesome movie and millions times better than "copy/paste-IV", honestly that was such bull-crap.

Watching it again when the action starts getting good before the 3 days is up.  I guarantee I'll get in another 2-4 viewings before it expires.