STAR WARS VIII - "The Last Jedi" - Movie Discussion

jaisonline

3 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Something is mentioned here that might give a clue.  Spoilers if you click through...

http://www.eonline.com/news/856726/star-wars-the-last-jedi-5-movie-secrets-revealed-in-vanity-fair

Fisher finished filming The Last Jedi late last summer, a few months before her unexpected death. "She was having a blast. The minute she finished, she grabbed me and said, 'I'd better be at the forefront of IX!' Because [HarrisonFord] was front and center on VII, and Mark is front and center on VIII," Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy recalls to Vanity Fair. "She thought IX would be her movie. And it would have been."

I thought her acting in TFA was rather dull and uninspiring for such an important character in the universe.  No disrespect to Carrie, but if that's what we were going to get more of I'm glad she's not going to be the focus in future installments.

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Black_towr said:

This new walker is just ugly. Maybe it'll look good in Lego form. Wait and see I guess. 

Just google "First Order Heavy Assault Walker Lego" to see it..  It doesn't look too bad, and I think it is an interesting design, but one thing I don't like about these new movies is that there is a lack of creativity in the new vehicle department. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fossilrock said:

Just google "First Order Heavy Assault Walker Lego" to see it..  It doesn't look too bad, and I think it is an interesting design, but one thing I don't like about these new movies is that there is a lack of creativity in the new vehicle department. 

Even if they made new vehicles everyone will hate them, just like everything else new that they're doing... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

one thing I don't like about these new movies is that there is a lack of creativity in the new vehicle department. 

This is an area where the PT far outshines the new Disney movies so far (Rogue One aside considering that needed to look a lot like the OT due to the close timeline).  Doug Chiang was responsible for the concept artwork for the PT and I think he's still on board for the new movies.  I assume he isn't given much creative control from Disney though.

Edited by zskid00

Guest TabbyBoy

I rarely look at trailers as they often show only the best bits leaving what's left disappointing. I'm patient enough to wait for the movie to be officially released. Time flies so fast these days that I won't have to wait long.

I tend to agree with zskid in that the prequels were far superior to this new wave of films in delivering at least moderately unique concepts.   Granted, each film has a few unique ships and designs, but the prequels had a lot more and the prequel sets to this day tend to be more interesting than the new movie sets.

Every force friday I buy a set that most appeals to my son and I then we build it the following day.  In 2015 it was Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle, and last year it was the U-wing.  Out of all the sets i've seen and with the other rumored to be a tie-interceptor, i'm leaning towards the Resistance Bomber as the set to pick up on force friday.  I honestly don't have much interest in the FO Star Destroyer, and the FO Heavy Assault walker does look like the best AT-AT set to date, but it just lacks a lot of creativity and it's what we've seen before, but with a little more of a buffed out appearance.  I wish they would have just came up with something new compared to rehashing an AT-AT...

5 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I tend to agree with zskid in that the prequels were far superior to this new wave of films in delivering at least moderately unique concepts.   Granted, each film has a few unique ships and designs, but the prequels had a lot more and the prequel sets to this day tend to be more interesting than the new movie sets.

Every force friday I buy a set that most appeals to my son and I then we build it the following day.  In 2015 it was Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle, and last year it was the U-wing.  Out of all the sets i've seen and with the other rumored to be a tie-interceptor, i'm leaning towards the Resistance Bomber as the set to pick up on force friday.  I honestly don't have much interest in the FO Star Destroyer, and the FO Heavy Assault walker does look like the best AT-AT set to date, but it just lacks a lot of creativity and it's what we've seen before, but with a little more of a buffed out appearance.  I wish they would have just came up with something new compared to rehashing an AT-AT...

I reckon the Force Friday set that will appeal to him most will be the UCS Falcon!

3 hours ago, fossilrock said:

but one thing I don't like about these new movies is that there is a lack of creativity in the new vehicle department. 

People give out the whole time that the vehicles haven't changed enough, but do real military vehicles change that much over time, course they don't.

Do you give out that aircraft carriers look just like much bigger versions of the ones they had back in WW2. Or have tank designs really changed that much over time either?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

People give out the whole time that the vehicles haven't changed enough, but do real military vehicles change that much over time, course they don't.

Do you give out that aircraft carriers look just like much bigger versions of the ones they had back in WW2. Or have tank designs really changed that much over time either?

In a fantasy world, intended to entertain, and sell more toys - Yes, they should change a great deal.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...