B&N Membership

Deanfjr

I remember it as 10% off in store only.  Has something changed?  There was kid club where you could get an additional $20 if you spent so much.  

When it got more difficult to use coupons with architecture sets I cancelled my membership.  I saw an epic dragon battle yesterday still marked at $119.95???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deanfjr said:

Do you find that the B&N membership is worth it, 10% off Lego but most coupons do not work on Lego from what I have been reading.

It depends, e.g., on where you pay taxes and where not, how high your taxes are, what GCs you can get, and how all of that combined compares to offers of the competition. It was a good time as long as the coupons still worked on Lego, but now it went back to the main field along a lot of other stores.

1 hour ago, Deanfjr said:

Do you find that the B&N membership is worth it, 10% off Lego but most coupons do not work on Lego from what I have been reading.

Coupons have not worked on "normal" Lego sets for quite some time, and in later 2015 the register system was seemingly programmed to reject them for the previously permitted Architecture line as well. Some reports point toward inconsistency on this in places, but without a known "friendly" cashier, you simply cannot depend on the coupon discount anymore.

This fact has led to many of us shopping less at B&N, making the savings from the membership diminish significantly. In simple terms, it's what MarleyMoose said. If you plan to spend at least a couple hundred bucks and buy a book or two (or a dozen coffees), then it'll pay off. Otherwise, probably not.

I have yet to get anything out of my Amazon Prime membership in 4 months, on a similar note.

• 2 months later...

Dear Barnes and Noble,

You can keep sending those coupons all you like but since you no longer accept them for Architecture sets, they'll just keep getting deleted. While I do miss the discount, I do not miss your (obviously annoyed to be there) employees...

A can't be soon enough ex-member

• Like 1

I am annoyed about the coupons too, but for me this is the best place to find architecture sets that are near retirement or already retired. Between the 10% discount and discounted GCs I've been very happy with some of my finds there and have paid for my membership many times over. 

I will second the comments about their employees though....ugh

• 2 months later...