76052 - Batman Classic TV Series - Batcave

CoastaLego

This batcave is cool and should be a blast to build.  

I just don't have high hopes for this set because the batcave is now refreshed every 2-3 years now.  While the classic batcave (and Batmobile, Batcycle and Batcopter) is unique, it's still another batcave at the end of the day.  

19 minutes ago, Legojona said:

I think this might be a winner because it is an unique version, but hard to estimate.

I've said it before and I'll set it again. I don't see the market for a large play set based on a 60's TV show that doesn't work as a display piece.

It's the only set I've bought for personal build and decided to get rid of within days of finishing. I kept the Batmobile and got rid of the rest. 

I can see this sat in Smyth's Toys in UK well into the middle of next year.

• Like 1

It is an okay set. Not up to the D2C standards, but not bad per se like AoH is. I bought it for personal collection because I like niche stuff like this one. However it will not do well because people have so much choice that it sits at the bottom of the list.

Guest TabbyBoy

I've seen these in Smyths and JL at a good discount and they're just not shifting. If only the Batmobile was available on it's own without the other lacklustre components. Don't go silly on these.

8 minutes ago, Padolski said:

I have found it on 'Carousell' in Singapore for SGD $180 ( USD $130). This is a private sale, BNIB. 

Im still on the sidelines whether I should buy or not? Any advice please?

IMG_4241.PNG

That's more than 50% off US retail price. I'd buy it.

• Like 1

I'm not gonna lie, picked up this set dirt cheap. The box looks so good that I have become emotionally tied to it, heard its a great build too. Hmmm what to do. Hang onto it for another 6 months and sell once retired or flick off now for a $60 profit after fees?

2 hours ago, Padolski said:

I'm not gonna lie, picked up this set dirt cheap. The box looks so good that I have become emotionally tied to it, heard its a great build too. Hmmm what to do. Hang onto it for another 6 months and sell once retired or flick off now for a $60 profit after fees?

Build it, keep Batmobile part out the rest.

• 1 month later...