60134 - Fun at the Park

Alpinemaps

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, randrace said:

Only one hot dog bun is included in this set. Gimme those buns, LEGO! The infant is fantastic, and is the jewel of the set. Forty dollars seems steep, all and all. I'm also hoping these get discounted; I need more buns.

Minifigs are always priced much higher than regular elements. $40 is not a bad price for this set.

58 minutes ago, inversion said:

Minifigs are always priced much higher than regular elements. $40 is not a bad price for this set.

You can compare it with this LEGO Education set: http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Education-Community-Minifigures-4598355/dp/B0085Y3MTO. $55 for 22 minifigs. Sometimes goes on sale for $44 though. Roughly same price per minifig when not on sale ($2.50 vs $2.80).

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 1

I picked this up last week from TRU with 20% coupon+10%TRUTH+Tax for $30.60. Glad TRU put it out early. 

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Release date is June 1st. Some stores have it out early.

Release date was May 22nd according to my Lego store, which has all the new sets out. 

36 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

I picked this up last week from TRU with 20% coupon+10%TRUTH+Tax for $30.60. Glad TRU put it out early. 

Release date was May 22nd according to my Lego store, which has all the new sets out. 

Ah, I just thought it was June 1st.

It's a very PC set isn't it. All of the talk about "LEGO made a wheelchair finally" has filtered into the public consciousness. I think it's a great set especially for city builders and diversity of design is always welcome, but I think it may have gotten a pre-release boost like the Female scientists.

1 minute ago, thoroakenfelder said:

It's a very PC set isn't it. All of the talk about "LEGO made a wheelchair finally" has filtered into the public consciousness. I think it's a great set especially for city builders and diversity of design is always welcome, but I think it may have gotten a pre-release boost like the Female scientists.

there's nothing politically correct about a child in a wheelchair minifigure coming from the father of 2 daughters 6 and 7 who will never walk, much less wipe their behind.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, cladner said:

there's nothing politically correct about a child in a wheelchair minifigure coming from the father of 2 daughters 6 and 7 who will never walk, much less wipe their behind.

I apologize if I insulted you. As far as my PC comment goes, it refers to the fact that LEGO decided after 50 years of production, 30 years of minifigures and I have no idea how many sets to feature someone in a wheelchair and use that as a selling point to all the self congratulatory people who feel inclusive now that they have a kid in a wheelchair minifigure. It should be insulting that they never included one before or that it is being touted as revolutionary or interesting. It should be insulting that mainstream media swooped in on it and celebrated that it's here instead of decrying that it never existed before. It's PC because now high minded consumers can feel inclusive, you know, except all the other things that are excluded. I feel like it should have been introduced sort of apologetically "Sorry it took us so long." instead of "Now with added wheelchair!" Maybe I misspoke. But I feel like the prerelease media that touted how exciting it is to include a wheelchair is the same thing that took away from the message of the research scientists. Finally women are shown in the sciences instead of "Look we are showing how inclusive we are!"

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

i am surprised nobody talking about (not yet) why lego make only white minifigures (actually yellow) but not black or other races....strange, where all that activist looking???

2 hours ago, brickolodon said:

i am surprised nobody talking about (not yet) why lego make only white minifigures (actually yellow) but not black or other races....strange, where all that activist looking???

Lego specifically made them yellow to remove race from the equation of minigifures. :)