40223 - Snowglobe

Val-E

1 hour ago, kurnitb said:

If you've sold it at a decent price that you're happy with then no (whatever happens), :).

1 hour ago, kurnitb said:

If you've sold it at a decent price that you're happy with then no (whatever happens), :).

Is 850 sales in just over 2months on eBay impressive or just about the norm for a new set.

Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, Slatesbin said:

Is 850 sales in just over 2months on eBay impressive or just about the norm for a new set.

Anything selling at a profit these days is impressive in the current LEGO climate! ;-)

41 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I sold half of mine this week for cash at a price I was very happy with. The rest will be listed in November unless there's too much competition.

I saw you sold 8 for £190 on the selling thread,decent price at about £23-24 each.Did you keep 8 back because you think these will rise again for Christmas 17.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Slatesbin said:

I saw you sold 8 for £190 on the selling thread,decent price at about £23-24 each.Did you keep 8 back because you think these will rise again for Christmas 17.

Yes, as they may rise again by Xmax '17 unless they are re-released. The guy only wanted 8 otherwise I'd have sold them all but, they're his if he calls me back ;-)

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Not a big achievement for a freebie, though is it?

To be honest, I can't be bothered the sell "lesser" freebies (like that damn parrot) that are worth £5 or less, so I just lob them into shipping boxes at random as sweeteners for nice buyers. I've even given Snow Globes and London Buses away to BP members who bought Red5 and R2-D2 off me.

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Captain_chaos said:

Just received an email from Lego, saying that this set will be free with any £60 + purchase this weekend.They must have found a glut of extra stock or something.

Free snow globes in JULY?? Reminders of X-mas (particularly from retailers) in the middle of summer is a big pet peeve of mine.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

It may as well be Winter with the dreadful cold/wet/windy weather in the UK right now. I've hardly seen the sun in 2 weeks! Summer started off so well.....

It would be nice if 21309 returned to stock, but I somehow doubt it. There's nothing else I want from SaH.

It may as well be Winter with the dreadful cold/wet/windy weather in the UK right now. I've hardly seen the sun in 2 weeks! Summer started off so well.....
It would be nice if 21309 returned to stock, but I somehow doubt it. There's nothing else I want from SaH.

I'd rather have that than the current 105-110 degrees F (41-43 C) heat index in North Texas!

30 minutes ago, southcollector13 said:

Looks like this is just in UK. Here in the US the piggy bank is still added as the promo item. Has anybody in US seen differently?

Starts tomorrow online and in store. I called my local shop and they received a shipment of 30 globes to hand out starting tomorrow morning. I'm interested to see if LEGO Shop at Home will allow stacking with the Piggy Babk.

• Like 1

Starts tomorrow online and in store. I called my local shop and they received a shipment of 30 globes to hand out starting tomorrow morning. I'm interested to see if LEGO Shop at Home will allow stacking with the Piggy Babk.

I see. When I switched my region to UK It showed up so I was just curious