40223 - Snowglobe

Val-E

The double freebie is very tempting.  I try to hold off on my purchasing until October in anticipation of 2X VIP points plus the first Christmas freebie.  Wish I had some idea what that first freebie might be this year.  The snowglobe is no GBH, but IMO it's a very nice set.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, andyposterfan said:

That's just killed the potential for that set.

whats the point in a store exclusive if they just sell it?

The point is to deceptively imply that you are getting something special - so that you give them more money.

Most companies look to keep that illusion going, but LEGO really seems to enjoy letting its buyers know that they are getting screwed.

12 minutes ago, Haay said:

It's only in America though, as far as I can see. Not available for general purchase in Europe. :P 

Yet. They obviously made too many, same with those bleedin´TRU minifigs and giraffes.

Expect the same with Nutcracker as it was still available on the last day of the promo.

11 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Yet. They obviously made too many, same with those bleedin´TRU minifigs and giraffes.

Expect the same with Nutcracker as it was still available on the last day of the promo.

Nutcracker is still adding to my cart today, even though they said it would be over at midnight. This is just a sell-off of excess stock, just like the Darth Revan poly from last year. 

Edited by Phil B

5 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Same in Europe. That ugly nutter will be around for a while yet.

Glad I didn't go all in like 2 years ago with the Gingerbread House, or even last year when I saved some bigger purchases to coincide with the Snowglobe promo. 

This year I'm saving my money for better discounts. :P 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KShine said:

The point is to deceptively imply that you are getting something special - so that you give them more money.

Most companies look to keep that illusion going, but LEGO really seems to enjoy letting its buyers know that they are getting screwed.

Yep.  the Lego suits are now forcing buyers to purchase another couple of items to get the free shipping (more revenue).  Heck, they got me to buy 5 of these to use a small gifts for my kids to give away as presents to the neighbors' kids.  

Putting reselling aside, I think many buyers are happy to get another crack at getting this set cheap.  I'm sure there's also a bunch of people who didn’t know this set existed last year.  As long as it stays out of non-Lego stores, it's still somewhat special.  

The reseller in me is disappointed.

• Like 1

I placed one order quickly right after the OP thinking this was a quick inventory blow out this morning. Based on the volume some people are posting here and in Daily Deals and the fact that its still around, it seems likely that there has been a fresh run of these. Hopefully I'm wrong. I suppose if it sells out this Xmas and isn't re-re-released there will still be descent meat on the bone next year (like with other seasonal sets), but I'd be surprised if it cracks the $55 mark like it had recently on Amazon again anytime soon. Glad I had already sold my couple from last year.