Toys R Us Ban?

Dbroncoboy

Yes...that's the exact same email that I started getting in mid-December.  I talked with someone in their customer service department who told me that they changed their policies in October 2015 and no longer sell to resellers through the website, but that the physical stores are still fair game.  I haven't had any problems in store or with my rewards since being banned by TRU.com  

When did this start for you?  

This has been happening to me since August 2015, I was starting to get a complex.  11 orders cancelled with no additional information.  I don't recall any particular reseller type activity but I did have to dispute two returns through my credit card company which toysrus.com showed as received but never processed or responded to emails on.  I think the ban translated to FAO and maybe even Toysrus eBay. 

Funny they care as a retailer. They end goal is to move products. The more they move, the more profit and allocation they can get with hot products. They def. have other ways to deal with resellers as they demonstrated with IR by not listing it online and instruct their warehouse staff to not enter the inventory into their system but to ship direct to stores to allow parents a fair chance at grabbing them.

Edited by tacsniper

19 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

Funny they care as a retailer. They end goal is to move products. The more they move, the more profit and allocation they can get with hot products. They def. have other ways to deal with resellers as they demonstrated with IR by not listing it online and instruct their warehouse staff to not enter the inventory into their system but to ship direct to stores to allow parents a fair chance at grabbing them.

I suspect that the reason they care may have to do with the free shipping that they offer.  Given the number of orders I was placing with TRU, they were eating quite a bit in free shipping costs for the things that I was buying. 

18 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

Depends.  A lot of people that are gifted at the TRU game, can get sets down to a point where the margins for TRU have to be super thin.  I'm sure when they see 500 orders come through, and they see that most of them are highly sought after sets (since most resellers are cherrypicking the good sets) and many of those are bought on discount using points, discounted gift cards, rewards points and reward cc's, they can just do the math and figure out it's better to sell them to little timmy's parents that will buy them at full retail. 

28 minutes ago, seapotato said:

Hmm is it linked through credit cards then?

It could be linked from buying resold gift cards on Raise or other gift card reselling sites. If one of these was linked to a fraudulent CC purchase then it could trigger a ban. Barnes & Noble and more recently Target have banned some users based on this criteria. There is really no way of knowing if the gift card being purchased is fraudulent. Best to just keep those for in-store purchases only.

Edited by sflv
spelling
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, redcell said:

Yes...that's the exact same email that I started getting in mid-December.  I talked with someone in their customer service department who told me that they changed their policies in October 2015 and no longer sell to resellers through the website, but that the physical stores are still fair game.  I haven't had any problems in store or with my rewards since being banned by TRU.com  

When did this start for you?  

A few weeks ago... Funny thing was I avoided complaining about their awful fufillment because I didnt want to risk getting banned. I guess I will call and return all the orders they completely messed up now. I ordered a technic set and got an obi won figure, etc. Probably about 15-20 orders a month got me the ban hammer. Guess I will have to find an alias.

55 minutes ago, redcell said:

I suspect that the reason they care may have to do with the free shipping that they offer.  Given the number of orders I was placing with TRU, they were eating quite a bit in free shipping costs for the things that I was buying. 

When I put 5 sets in my 1 order, I never ask them to ship in 5 separate shipments.  They shot their own foot on this one ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...