31052 - Vacation Getaways

TheOrcKing

6 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Probably one of the few 3 in 1s that people want to display in several models. They need more than one for that.

Yes, and I was surprised the boat was the quick build. Sold my used Camper for $69 as to not be tempted to buy two more for display. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
28 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Well, unfortunately, that $40 price point never returned for this set.  Should have stocked up then I guess.  I'm sure they'll have a second run at some point this year, maybe?

I picked up about 10 in the $30s.  I'm guessing we'll see this in the $30s again at WM sometime in the future.  

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Noticed that too... looking good. It really is a superb set. Terrific build, great alternative builds and a great set. My nephew was drawn to this set immediately and it takes pride of place in his collection. Can see this doing well ;) got a few in the Argos 3 for 2 so been following it closely. Fingers crossed!

Edited by mikeyreliable

Guest TabbyBoy

This could be a set worth buying at 50% off, no more than that. I just wished that the rear wheels were 1 stud further back as it looks a bit arse-heavy to me ;-)

2 minutes ago, squeakdigital00 said:

I wanted it and never got it. Bought it during prime day and sold it. Just got it again last week at kmart for $19. Think I will build it with my son this go round.

Pop it open, all 3 builds are superb as @mikeyreliable also pointed out.  Got both mine for $30 @ target last year on a price error.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Haay said:

I'm rather hesitant with the Creator 3 in 1 sets. While I myself am very positive about the Changing Seasons house it's hardly doing anything post retirement.

So I fully agree with @TabbyBoy that these sets are worth it only at deep discount.

Have to agree with the 3 in 1 Creator hesitation but don't underestimate the caravan / campervan community. This set has the added bonus of 2 great additional builds for those who want to mix it up but Ive got rid of most of mine to friends who are diehard caravaners (if that's the right term! I am not a caravaner myself...) And the moment they see this set they want it. While being an absolute menace to the average driver in the UK, and a constant pain especially on Bank Holiday weekends (!!) I do have hope for this set just for this reason alone... As with anything Lego nowadays, as steep a discount as possible is always advisable but this blows changing seasons out of the water. Little Lego houses are ten a penny and with even a modest selection of different coloured pieces in ones collection it is not hard to create a changing seasons set out of any Lego house build... even the iconic pencil pot can be Moc'd to fit the same spec and add the seasonal changes oneself. I seem to love lots of these little creator sets, Lakeside Lodge being another great addition, but almost always end up changing the set to suit season/ time of year. I know TabbyBoy seems to have some kind of direct hotline to the deep discount Lego Gods and his input has proved invaluable to me on occasion but not everyone has the ability to buy sets for peanuts and similarly then flip tonnes of them for peanuts... at an average buy in of about £25 to £30 Ive easily sold these for RRP and more... granted these have been well away from the crapshoot that is EBay but for being a very small time investor who is just trying to make my own collection cheaper, I have seen positive signs. It goes some way to offsetting some of the other terrible buying decisions I have made while latching on to others views on this site. And sorry to anybody who is part of the camping community who takes offence at my Bank Holiday comments... ;)

34 minutes ago, mikeyreliable said:

Have to agree with the 3 in 1 Creator hesitation but don't underestimate the caravan / campervan community. This set has the added bonus of 2 great additional builds for those who want to mix it up but Ive got rid of most of mine to friends who are diehard caravaners (if that's the right term! I am not a caravaner myself...) And the moment they see this set they want it. While being an absolute menace to the average driver in the UK, and a constant pain especially on Bank Holiday weekends (!!) I do have hope for this set just for this reason alone... As with anything Lego nowadays, as steep a discount as possible is always advisable but this blows changing seasons out of the water. Little Lego houses are ten a penny and with even a modest selection of different coloured pieces in ones collection it is not hard to create a changing seasons set out of any Lego house build... even the iconic pencil pot can be Moc'd to fit the same spec and add the seasonal changes oneself. I seem to love lots of these little creator sets, Lakeside Lodge being another great addition, but almost always end up changing the set to suit season/ time of year. I know TabbyBoy seems to have some kind of direct hotline to the deep discount Lego Gods and his input has proved invaluable to me on occasion but not everyone has the ability to buy sets for peanuts and similarly then flip tonnes of them for peanuts... at an average buy in of about £25 to £30 Ive easily sold these for RRP and more... granted these have been well away from the crapshoot that is EBay but for being a very small time investor who is just trying to make my own collection cheaper, I have seen positive signs. It goes some way to offsetting some of the other terrible buying decisions I have made while latching on to others views on this site. And sorry to anybody who is part of the camping community who takes offence at my Bank Holiday comments... ;)

No offense taken, now I'm just jealous.

18 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

No offense taken, now I'm just jealous.

Haha... jealous of? That I have caravanning friends, I've sold around RRP or that I have experienced some positive signs? I thought this set would be hugely popular in the states... the whole Breaking Bad Camper cookhouse thing, the walking dead camper scenes, and my probably misguided idea that you all meet up and sit outside your campers at ball games lol. I've been to the States a couple of times but granted, my stereotypes are largely drawn from the media ;) I personally love this set and if friends are interested or their kids are getting into Lego, talking up the MOC possibilities of this set is easy... or has been to date! I had this displayed with a load of the monster Minifigs Halloween series zombies all attacking it and it got a great reaction. Since changed it to the boat and a city scene with the fun at the beach Minifigs set as I'm a sucker for new minifigs but I love this set :) I see and read so much about Saturn V and have one for my collection and will pick some others up at discount when I can afford to but I would take this over that at the moment for sure. Seeing the comments about people buying this at KMart for 19 dollars makes me wish I lived near a KMart  haha!!

Edited by mikeyreliable
KMart not Target!

10 minutes ago, mikeyreliable said:

Haha... jealous of? That I have caravanning friends, I've sold around RRP or that I have experienced some positive signs? I thought this set would be hugely popular in the states... the whole Breaking Bad Camper cookhouse thing, the walking dead camper scenes, and my probably misguided idea that you all meet up and sit outside your campers at ball games lol. I've been to the States a couple of times but granted, my stereotypes are largely drawn from the media ;) I personally love this set and if friends are interested or their kids are getting into Lego, talking up the MOC possibilities of this set is easy... or has been to date! I had this displayed with a load of the monster Minifigs Halloween series zombies all attacking it and it got a great reaction. Since changed it to the boat and a city scene with the fun at the beach Minifigs set as I'm a sucker for new minifigs but I love this set :) I see and read so much about Saturn V and have one for my collection and will pick some others up at discount when I can afford to but I would take this over that at the moment for sure. Seeing the comments about people buying this at KMart for 19 dollars makes me wish I lived near a KMart  haha!!

Love the set, and the idea of caravanning.

:) This beast would struggle on UK roads but plays a part in a bucket list must do of mine... get a massive RV/Camper and tour the States... And No... I'm not a singer, performer or have any apparent talent haha... Just love the idea of Doing the States this way. Until that happens this set will have to do ;) I see so much negativity about a lot of sets and reading some of these forums genuinely started to bring me right down... it's nice to actually not only enjoy a set myself, but see some positivity from others :)

• Like 3

• 9 months later...