42055 - Bucket Wheel Excavator

Starkthunder

30 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Hold on, we're creating a new domain for it.

Shall I start a BWE Fanzine? "Lego Bucket Wheel Excavator Fanciers"

Then again, BWE sounds too much like acronyms used for personal ads, though. I can already visualise the threads. "Desperate would-be builder/investor seeking BWE for building and profit. No Megabloks plz."

Edited by Battrax
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Battrax said:

Shall I start a BWE Fanzine? "Lego Bucket Wheel Excavatorr Fanciers"

Then again, BWE sounds too much like acronyms used for personal ads, though. I can already visualise the threads. "Desperate would-be builder/investor seeking BWE for building and profit. No Megabloks plz."

I just want to see this thing in action, scooping up bucket loads of Spaghettios and running them down the conveyor.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I just want to see this thing in action, scooping up bucket loads of Spaghettios and running them down the conveyor.

You know, I was looking at the photographs. Unless I am missing something from the angles shown, I cannot see how the buckets empty in to the conveyor as they seem to be parallel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Battrax said:

You know, I was looking at the photographs. Unless I am missing something from the angles shown, I cannot see how the buckets empty in to the conveyor as they seem to be parallel.

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

I was looking for that yesterday and haven't figured it out.

41 minutes ago, diablo2112 said:

I had the same question.  It appears there's a little ramp inside the bucket wheel, and as the buckets turn over at the top, the contents drop on the little ramp and slide onto the conveyor.

Here is a close up:

MfFBgxq.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Battrax said:

Would be a bit disappointing if they could not work out a way to do that but certainly not something that would stop me from buying at least one.

1 hour ago, diablo2112 said:

I had the same question.  It appears there's a little ramp inside the bucket wheel, and as the buckets turn over at the top, the contents drop on the little ramp and slide onto the conveyor.

2 hours ago, Battrax said:

From what I gather from looking at the pictures, the buckets dump the material in the center of the big wheel from the top. There seems to be a sort of box that gathers the material and shoots it out from the other side (through the middle of the big wheel) Kinda hard to explain but do you see what I mean?

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, schmidtywerben said:

You may need to think about adding a couple extra battery packs though.  

Then have another EV3 to get you more beer as you sit in your lounger.  B)

yeah.. I was thinking maybe the EV3 could just drive it! Not sure the range on bluetooth though - ex1 has a big lot to mow from what I've gathered.